Need Direction

This is a discussion on Need Direction within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Whats up all. Im new to the forum and need help I just got a LS1 from a 2001 Vette ...

Need Direction

Whats up all. Im new to the forum and need help
    I just got a LS1 from a 2001 Vette and I intend to put it in my 64 impala.I dont want to give it any more power or anything just run well and be dependable.
    It was pulled out complete with ECM harness fuel rail and all still in place.
    I have never done a lsx swap and have heard many different things about what needs to be done to make it work. Such as flashing the ECM some say i do some say I dont. and so on and so on. So Im looking for direction or a general list of the things that need to be done to have it work Right. ANY help and direction from experienced would be great or link to a thread that had been done. Oh I plan on running 4l60e trans.

Thanks in advance

Jefferson City, MO

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

You might start with GM Performance. You can find engine and transmission controllers for engine swaps like you are attempting that will make everything work much easier than trying to find workarounds.

Branchville, NJ

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information