Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Need advice on a bad dealership experience

This is a discussion on Need advice on a bad dealership experience within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ^^^ thats pretty slick!...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

^^^ thats pretty slick!

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

I worked for GM for 9+ years (just left the auto industry) and let me tell you guys, poor dealers were the biggest complaint. Everyone has a horror story. It's sad really. What ever happen to customer service and treating a customers car like your own. I avoid 'em at all costs.

Also, FYI to all, there's a great chance that when your car was first pulled out of the factory and driven to the ship lot or rail car.... they smoked the tires! And that's within it's first 10 miles! I've seen it in St. Terese myself. Many workers just didn't care either.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Very true. I helped my dad unwrapped the brand new prowler and the brand new thunderbird when they first came out and they got one at the dealer. The first few miles were easy then they beat the piss outta them. Make sure they arent going to break. Ive seen it myself as well.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

When i first bought my car I took it in because my tranny mount was broken.. I had fairly low tread on the back, easily a little under an 1/8" still though... and when I came in a few days later to pick my car up they told me that they had to replace one of the rear tires because they had a 'blowout' when they were test driving it.. I was FUCKING PISSED, and to top it off, they put some shitty ass pizza cutters on it which completely offset my rear end. Then they tried to tell me that I should buy another tire for the other side from them for $100!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

go back later tonight in a different car and walk around like you're browsing for a car and key some of them cars up...

black silver
    99 z28, 81 z28

-dealers

thats why i do all my own work warranty or not i just cant trust anybody with my car. hell i dont even let my wife near my cars.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Go back when there closed and in front of all the bay doors lay a Sick patch

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by doberman 152; 07-10-2008 at 09:18 AM.

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

Hey Were Not All Bad Guys Lol I Am The Service Manager In A Gm Dealership And We Do Alot Of Performance Work Here As Well I Can Tell You That If One Of My Techs Romped On A Customers Gto Or Bird That Their Ass Would Be Packin In A Hurry Anyone In The Harrisonburg Area Needing A Dealer They Can Trust... Drop Me A Line You Wont Be Disappointed Ask Frost He Will Back Me Up!!!
    4.10 RICHMOND GEARS,LAKEWOOD LCA'S,EATON POSI,EDELBROCK TORQUE ARM,
    LAKEWOOD PANHARD BAR,SLP LID,,B&M RIPPER SHIFTER,EDELBROCK STRUT TOWER BRACE,SLP FAN CONTROL,SLP LINE LOCK,17 INCH ZR1S WITH 315 35S AND 275 40S,SLP Y-PIPE,TSP 224/224 112LSA CAM,COMP SPRINGS,TUNED BY FROST @ LSXTUNE.COM

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

Anyone Here Near Staunton/harrisonburg All I Have Are Mustang Idiots All Around Me!!

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by bandit-00 View Post
    So the other day i took my 2000 TA to the local Pontiac dealership to have the cats changed under warranty. They pulled the car in and did their thing told me one cat was bad but would replace both according to the GM service bulletin. When the tech pulled the car out the back to bring it around front he got on it a little and broke the tires loose. needless to say, i was pissed, he must not have known i was standing there. I demanded to see the service manager who happend to be the attendant at the desk i had been dealing with. He said he didn't hear a thing, although he was standing closer to the door than i was. He acted like it wasn't a big deal but agreed with me that it was unacceptable and assured me HE would be the only one to drive my car on the next visit to install the cats. I'm still pissed. I don't think I want these morons touching my car again. Am i over reacting? I have done plenty of burn outs and 1/8th mile runs, but its my car. I may take it to the next closest dealership and tell Bob Trickett Pontiac where to put those cats.....what do you all think?
    I think it's ok to be pissed - but don't think that it will get you anywhere. The best thing you can do is cease doing business with them, and tell every single person you know about your experience there. To put doubt in someone's head about going to a certain dealership will hurt the dealership right where it counts.......in the pocket book.

Black
    Trans Am 2000

Quote Originally Posted by LS16SPD View Post
    Hey Were Not All Bad Guys Lol I Am The Service Manager In A Gm Dealership And We Do Alot Of Performance Work Here As Well I Can Tell You That If One Of My Techs Romped On A Customers Gto Or Bird That Their Ass Would Be Packin In A Hurry Anyone In The Harrisonburg Area Needing A Dealer They Can Trust... Drop Me A Line You Wont Be Disappointed Ask Frost He Will Back Me Up!!!
    LS16spd,
    I'm only 104 miles away from you, i'm actually kind of tempted to bring my work to you and know my Trans AM will be well cared for...

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    Also, FYI to all, there's a great chance that when your car was first pulled out of the factory and driven to the ship lot or rail car.... they smoked the tires! And that's within it's first 10 miles! I've seen it in St. Terese myself. Many workers just didn't care either.
    How very true..........if Corvette owners would see or know how their new vehicle was pulled out of the final assembly line at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green..................................

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

I Can Promise You That It Will Be Brother Drop Me A Line Any Time!!!!!

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I take it the guy who squealed your tires didn't just sit there and create a smoke show for everyone, right?

Sometimes exhaust changes will "bang" when someone romps on it but is not noticeable under normal stop and go driving. How pissed would you be if the car seemed fine for three weeks, then you go to the drag strip and it sounded loose or something banged in the floorboard? The dealer would say you had it for three weeks and then wouldn't cover the problem...

I would let it go.

On a side note:

The other day I was at a local parts store and the counter guy knew me from his prior work at a GM dealership. He told me about one of their mechanics (who was a friend of mine), and how this mechanic took my car into the back paved lot, burned out and then lifted the front end off the ground. He then brought it back into the shop and said it "still isn't right" and proceeded to do more work on it.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Black
    Trans Am 2000

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    I take it the guy who squealed your tires didn't just sit there and create a smoke show for everyone, right?

Sometimes exhaust changes will "bang" when someone romps on it but is not noticeable under normal stop and go driving. How pissed would you be if the car seemed fine for three weeks, then you go to the drag strip and it sounded loose or something banged in the floorboard? The dealer would say you had it for three weeks and then wouldn't cover the problem...

I would let it go.
    I could understand testing for something like that, but they didn't do any exhaust work, they just scanned the SES code and orderd parts. I see where your coming from though

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Everyone on here was (or is) young at one time and abused someone else's car when they shouldn't have. How soon we forget those days, huh? How pissed would your mom or dad be if they knew you took there car up to 120 mph or neutral dropped their car in the school parking lot everyday or did reverse doughnuts?
    Big deal if some kid chirped your tires at some dealership. Get over it, no harm done. Your car isn't that fragile that it can't handle a little abuse.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Everyone on here was (or is) young at one time and abused someone else's car when they shouldn't have. How soon we forget those days, huh? How pissed would your mom or dad be if they knew you took there car up to 120 mph or neutral dropped their car in the school parking lot everyday or did reverse doughnuts?
    Big deal if some kid chirped your tires at some dealership. Get over it, no harm done. Your car isn't that fragile that it can't handle a little abuse.

I didn't, don't, and will never do that to any of the cars that don't belong to me and I'm 20:/

Hell... I still haven't done that to my car yet... still afraid to hurt her as shes still new to me even though I know she can take the abuse.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by bandit-00 View Post
    So the other day i took my 2000 TA to the local Pontiac dealership to have the cats changed under warranty. They pulled the car in and did their thing told me one cat was bad but would replace both according to the GM service bulletin. When the tech pulled the car out the back to bring it around front he got on it a little and broke the tires loose. needless to say, i was pissed, he must not have known i was standing there. I demanded to see the service manager who happend to be the attendant at the desk i had been dealing with. He said he didn't hear a thing, although he was standing closer to the door than i was. He acted like it wasn't a big deal but agreed with me that it was unacceptable and assured me HE would be the only one to drive my car on the next visit to install the cats. I'm still pissed. I don't think I want these morons touching my car again. Am i over reacting? I have done plenty of burn outs and 1/8th mile runs, but its my car. I may take it to the next closest dealership and tell Bob Trickett Pontiac where to put those cats.....what do you all think?
    This is a little off-topic, but what was the tip-off to you that the cats needed to be replaced? I have a 2000 T/A also with 105K on the car - took it to the dealership & they told me take my cats were fine!!?? I would like to get them replaced while the special program is still in effect! Thanks!

Black
    Trans Am 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    This is a little off-topic, but what was the tip-off to you that the cats needed to be replaced? I have a 2000 T/A also with 105K on the car - took it to the dealership & they told me take my cats were fine!!?? I would like to get them replaced while the special program is still in effect! Thanks!

I had a code PO430, checked it out myself on my own handheld scan tool then took it in knowing what needed to be done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information