Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    Trans Am 2000

Angry Need advice on a bad dealership experience

So the other day i took my 2000 TA to the local Pontiac dealership to have the cats changed under warranty. They pulled the car in and did their thing told me one cat was bad but would replace both according to the GM service bulletin. When the tech pulled the car out the back to bring it around front he got on it a little and broke the tires loose. needless to say, i was pissed, he must not have known i was standing there. I demanded to see the service manager who happend to be the attendant at the desk i had been dealing with. He said he didn't hear a thing, although he was standing closer to the door than i was. He acted like it wasn't a big deal but agreed with me that it was unacceptable and assured me HE would be the only one to drive my car on the next visit to install the cats. I'm still pissed. I don't think I want these morons touching my car again. Am i over reacting? I have done plenty of burn outs and 1/8th mile runs, but its my car. I may take it to the next closest dealership and tell Bob Trickett Pontiac where to put those cats.....what do you all think?

NBM
    98 trans am

no your not over reacting, the car YOU paid for is being driving like crap by some morons at a car dealership, id be pissed to and wouldn't take it back.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Ive had it happen a bunch when changing tires and they pull it up on the slick rack/coated concrete. They always give me that "were fucked" looked but I just laugh. It doesnt hurt a damn thing and I dont mind as long as it wasnt a burnout or something. Ive done it a bunch on other peoples cars when at the tech school. Ith happens. Remember you are used to driving your car. Most cars you can smash the pedal and it just accelerated. Remember we have torqy bastards, as long as it doesnt happen again and you have his promise I would roll with it.

Black
    Trans Am 2000

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Ive had it happen a bunch when changing tires and they pull it up on the slick rack/coated concrete. They always give me that "were fucked" looked but I just laugh. It doesnt hurt a damn thing and I dont mind as long as it wasnt a burnout or something. Ive done it a bunch on other peoples cars when at the tech school. Ith happens. Remember you are used to driving your car. Most cars you can smash the pedal and it just accelerated. Remember we have torqy bastards, as long as it doesnt happen again and you have his promise I would roll with it.
    I could understand if it were on a slick polished concrete floor but it was on a black top parking lot, blatently obvious it was on purpose. mostly because he revved it too like 2k....

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

My car idles at 1700 when cold and chirps second.(a4)

If it was on purpose then go to another place..

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah that guy definitely shouldn't be squealing your tires. You should be pissed. But no harm done. You got the info to the service manager and he probably chewed the guy out a little and it won't happen again, hopefully.

red
    0235thanv

Listen to this LOL!!I had to take my 35th LE to the dealer last monday to have the AC charged and the steering ignition lock changed. Needless to say, I just had a forged 6.0 put in with a APS twin turbo and am breaking in the engine for 400 miles before i have it tuned !!So anyways ,Im still running on stock injectors and a stock tune for now untill tuned,I told the manager this ,and that i didnt want it taken out of the garage at all !!!!!!for the world famous test ride that all the goof ball mechanics like to do LOL because it was being broken in and i didbt want a hole in my piston just yet!~!@!I know if i didnt say anything ,,,everyone of those guys woulsd have taken her out !!LOL!!Heres a fwew pics of the engine and youll know why im saying this !!LOL

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f.../APs%20Engine/

Black
    Trans Am 2000

you're right Cutlass, It won't happen again, because i have decided to take it to a different dealsership, I work hard for my property and don't want some childish clowns f'n it up for me. I will find a professional dealership that respects my property and wants my bisnuess. F 'em

barnat2007, nice looking engine. I don't blame you for being anal. be proud of that thing!

White
    2000 Trans AM

I'd be pissed too, but end result what do you want out of it? New tires? I mean other than saying "I'm Sorry, it won't happen again" what else can the dealership do?

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I don't know if they all do this, but when I got my cats in the mail they gave me a survey to complete and send to GM, and I also got something similar in the mail a week later.

Give them bad marks, and write down what happened on the survey.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I don't know if they all do this, but when I got my cats in the mail they gave me a survey to complete and send to GM, and I also got something similar in the mail a week later.

Give them bad marks, and write down what happened on the survey.
    Hold up. As someone who suffers from these fuckin surveys all the goddam time, I will ask you some questions if you dont mind. One, is your car a stick or a4? Two, was it a new tech (maybe a kid doing his internship from a tech school like we have here all the time) or an old pro (guy who's been there since the dealership opened) and should know better? Three, did they do a standing smoke show with your car, or just chirp em a little? Four, did they ever acknowledge that the tech was rough on your car? Did you go at the servicemanager after he denied hearing anything? Maybe say, "bullshit you didnt hear anything, he just did a wheel stand in my car!" or something to that effect? Or did you just stand there and get pissed when he denied hearing it?
    Im not trying to attack anyone, but for one thing, if they did try to make it right, bombing them on the survey is fucked, and two, if the tech who did it was an intern, the survey will be in someone elses name. On another note, if your car is a stick, it could simply be the tech wasnt used to the clutch, or may have just come from driving something with a girl clutch and no balls, and just got over zealous with your car. It sucks that it happened, but unless it was definite abuse (more then a half a second of wheel spin) try and get somewhere with the dealership. Maybe they cut you a deal on your next service or something. Im simply objecting to the idea of bombing the survey. Ill get off the now.

White
    2000 Trans AM

After I read this thread the 1st time I been thinking about it alot. To quote bandit-00
    "When the tech pulled the car out the back to bring it around front he got on it a little and broke the tires loose. needless to say, i was pissed, he must not have known i was standing there."

I dunno man, if he does that when he didn't think your looking what else are they doing thats shady back there. Its called integrity. Also thats what the survey is for... If they are shady then the managers need to know. Slam em... they can work for Ford!

rapter34
    all dealership type people just try to get every car out as fast as they can and charge as much as they can. but I think what happened was they are use to grand prixs and sunfires. and they just gave it too much gas. I mean if a person who normally drives a civic gets in my car and trys to drive the same way they are going to brake loose the tires. (not that i would ever let anyone with a civic drive my car.)

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I fixed cars for five years at a dealer and every tech romps on cars maybe not every one but on any day a tech can get a heavy foot the guy next to me took one other tech on a 170 mile an hour run on the park way in a customers z06 back in 04

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

If it were me I'da been in that techs face. Seriously. Then taken the car somewhere else.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by bandit-00 View Post
    you're right Cutlass, It won't happen again, because i have decided to take it to a different dealsership, I work hard for my property and don't want some childish clowns f'n it up for me. I will find a professional dealership that respects my property and wants my bisnuess. F 'em

barnat2007, nice looking engine. I don't blame you for being anal. be proud of that thing!
    man, i work at a shop. and well, i drive one of these cars, i know how anal people can be about them. i would be pissed too, some moron that doesnt know what the car is putting out shouldnt be spinning the tires, especially if its not his car. we try to be careful with cars, because all it takes is one unhappy customer and we would probably lose a lot of the nice performance work we do. good you went somewhere else.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

My dad was the service manager at the largest gm dealer around and they would have all kinds of complaints of a wierd vibration at around 120mph...or random things at high speed or just WOT etc etc.They have to beat on the car to diagnose it.He had a guy come in and say his SS couldnt do a burnout so he lit them up in front of traffic and everything just to prove it could. No BS what so ever.

but if you tell them to baby it and they dont... thats a whole new story

Its called working for comission(sp), and its all I heard about since I was born.

Black
    Trans Am 2000

I see alot of guys questining weather or not the romp or chirp or whatever we call it was intentional or accidental so i will clearify. the dude pulled the car out the rear garage door slowly when he was out of sight and probably thought no one would hear he got on it. Like jamessr said how would they treat my car on a roadtest? or when i wasn't there? I don't want new tires or free service or anything like that. I want an honest shop with perfessional employees that treat my property with respect.

on a side note; it's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't called me to tell me the cats are in, said it should be to days.....

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Pontiac Firehawk

I'd be pissed, but there probably isn't much else you can do at this point. The problem with having others (including dealerships) work on your car is not all of them will respect it like you do. I'm in the same boat though, and subject to the occasional moron treating my car like crap too.

On another note, how did you find out that your car needed to have the cats replaced under the warranty? Did the exhaust smell? Just wondering how you found out.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I have many customers that bring their cars to me when it's time to goto the dealerships and setup an 1800 RPM rev limiter and appropriate speed limiter (and a few other adjustments) to make the cars non-abuseable by a heavy footed ass of a mechanic/tech who is having a bad day or gets a wild hair... they get the car work done and bring it back by and I reflash the proper tune.

Thread Information