Black
    2002 WS6 TA

My Rev Is Limited!

Ok, Ive tried everything I know how to adjust with no change. The car will not rev past 6300rpm in any gear, weather I try to shift it manualy or change the shift speed tables. I tried a different PCM no change. Not sure if this is a torque management issue or GM has some kind of limit set for the 4L60E or what. Does anyone have an idea? The guy that took my money to tune my PCM isn't helping only blaming my car, tuning software and me for the problem maybe he doesn't know as much as he thinks.

Thanks guys

2002 Trans Am LS1/ 4L60E /2500TCI converter,
    Comp Cam and valve trane 90mm FAST intake/TB
    JET DST software

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

With what tuning software?

Black
    99 SS

its TQ management, and the tuner has to set the shift points in the transmission

Black
    99 Z-28

6700 rpm

[B]I have a 99 Z. I maxed it out at 6700 and let me tell you, You can definetly feel the torque & the transmission does not slip. Its been that way for 3 yrs since i max out all perameters. But i have to use at least 102 octane in it to get max performance.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

I'm using Jet DST tuning software (was tuner cats before they sold out) Have had good luck with using it until now but not blaming it yet. Not sure what TQ management tables to change or fuss with and to what values to use. Also the shift speeds I changed only change the point at which it shifts in auto right? If I add mph in gear it only hits 6300rpm and studders before it gets to the speed set. I have the RPM set at 6800 but no matter what I can get the motor to rev past 6300rpm manual or auto.
    thanks guys

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The handheld didn't change every table it needed to change to allow for more RPM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there is a mph flag and an rpm flag that have to be met before the tranny will shift. It has to meet both criteria. What you're describing though sounds like you're hitting the rev limiter which is different than your shift points. It cuts fuel at the set rpm. Make sure you're changing the right table. Another thing is are you going by the tach or are you data logging it to see what mph it's shifting at? The tach is not completely accurate....granted, that's a lot to be off but I would verify with a data logger where it's trying to shift.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

scanner is showing the tach is right on at 6300rpm when the engine stutters. the shift rpm is set at 6800, the shift points are set just high enough so it won't hit the "invisable" limiter (that I can't figure out) when it shifts automatic but either way I can't make it rev higher. I would think I would be able to shift it manualy past the set shift points and the engine would rev past 6300rpm but no, it clearly bounces at 6300 in gear. Does the MPH have to be set higher in order to get the engine to rev to the 6800 rpm limit even though I'm trying to shift it manualy? Problem is when I tried to raise the shift mph tables it with hit the 6300rpm point before it reaches the 6800 rpm limit I set. I've gone through every table (thats a bunch) and found nothing set at 6300rpm. I'm stumped or stupid ! Maybe it's time for better software but this stuff should be fine, I don't get it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Is the fuel cutoff RPM set higher? Do you see a table in that software for fuel cutoff?

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Is the fuel cutoff RPM set higher? Do you see a table in that software for fuel cutoff?
    Yeah, fuel cut off is @ 6800 in every table the shift vs gear is @ 6800 I can't see any place were it has 6300 set. If I increase mph in gear it hits a 6300 blocker. CRAZY ISN'T IT? I have to think its simple but I haven't got a clue what. Maybe I should relaod my tuning software on my laptop because flashing a different PMC didn't do it. does anyone use Jet tuning software? I'll post my tune file. The Tuner Cats/Jet forum doesn't see as much traffic as this forum does.
    thanks fellas
    Last edited by blackonblackws6; 04-28-2009 at 12:52 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've never used tuner cats stuff but it sounds like there's a table that isn't there or you're overlooking a limiter table.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    its TQ management, and the tuner has to set the shift points in the transmission
    It's definitely NOT tq mngmnt

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there is a mph flag and an rpm flag that have to be met before the tranny will shift. It has to meet both criteria. What you're describing though sounds like you're hitting the rev limiter which is different than your shift points. It cuts fuel at the set rpm. Make sure you're changing the right table. Another thing is are you going by the tach or are you data logging it to see what mph it's shifting at? The tach is not completely accurate....granted, that's a lot to be off but I would verify with a data logger where it's trying to shift.

While it's true that they both must be met, the mph HAS to reached before the RPM or it will not shift; it will run through to the limiter.

Thread Information