Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

is my paranoia justified??

So my Z has 101,300k on her (runs like a champ though), I am always parnoid something big is gonna break (just had to replace the engine in my DD and I babied it). The Z is my fun car and I am usually hard on it, the ocasional burnout, tire spin, hard acceleration usually in 2nd more than 1st, hit 130 a few times a week. I use good syn oil and filter, keep the temps good, but I still rip on it. What do u guys think I can expect? Should I start saving for an engine or tranny? Thanks!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No one has a crystal ball when it comes to their powertrain. It could run another 100,000 miles without a glitch... or it could spin a rod bearing tomorrow. However, as long as you perform regular maintenance, use quality parts and fluids, and employ a little common sense, your engine and trans should go well past their current mileage.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    No one has a crystal ball when it comes to their powertrain. It could run another 100,000 miles without a glitch... or it could spin a rod bearing tomorrow. However, as long as you perform regular maintenance, use quality parts and fluids, and employ a little common sense, your engine and trans should go well past their current mileage.
    i wanna crystall ball!!!

thanks for the info!

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Good idea to keep some cash in the bank just incase something takes a sheeet

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My transmission f'd up at 12K miles and my car is a garage queen. Anything is possible. Some people get luckier than others. Like said, just perform routine maintenance and that's about the best you can do to keep her in good health. 100K on these motors isn't really all that bad IMO if maintained well.

Thread Information