Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

My Horror Story

This is a discussion on My Horror Story within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 ^ Then again some people go 150,000 miles with no issues (although prolly alot less then ...

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    ^ Then again some people go 150,000 miles with no issues (although prolly alot less then those that dont). I do agree the rear is pretty shitty amonst other things but the bottom line is-its a machine and machines break.

The only thing I will remember back on my WS6 with fondness after I get out of college and get rid of it will be the LS1 engine. It has been the only trouble-free, worthwhile component of the vehicle. My experiences with Ford and GM have driven me to become an Import fan and I am looking very heavily at the new GT-R. Beats the Z06 in every way and I bet the body panels are aligned properly.

(unlike the last C6 I looked at on the showroom, which actually had panels GROUND DOWN and painted over so that they KINDA fit. The other panel on the other headlight was just left with a 1/3" incongruity and there was trash all through the paint that went down to the metal. Looked like it was painted in someone's garaged based on the amount of trash.)

Dunno, different strokes for different folks, but all my friends got rid of their F-bodies due to poor quality and stuff always being broke. Even had a highschool teacher back in the day tell me "something about those cars, they just break down faster that others." I called BS until I got my 01 WS6 M6. Now I hang my head in agreement and dissapointment.

I am of the rare breed that feels that YES! with under 100K miles it IS acceptable to hope not to spend $3-4000 a year in maintenance items not including tires when you don't even beat on the car. (My KDW's now have around 40K miles on them and just hit the wear-bars, NOT BAD! imho)

Sorry, just not a GM fan anymore. When the dealer sells you stuff at dealer cost b/c they feel sorry for seeing you there so often and all the tech's tell you your F-body is the straightest one they have seen, it kinda tells ya you need to pick a new thing.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thats your main problem is going to a dealer with your car. I made the mistake of taking mine there one time for a misfire problem-they charged me 400 bucks for some BS f.i. cleaner and didnt even fix the problem-which was a mis gapped plug. Buy an import I am sure none of them have any problems either.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    ( the last C6 I looked at on the showroom, there was trash all through the paint that went down to the metal.
    Sounds like you really know what you're talking about....

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Since your so dissapointed, how much you want for your car? got pics. sounds nice...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Sounds like you really know what you're talking about....
    hahahahahahah

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Since your so dissapointed, how much you want for your car? got pics. sounds nice...
    ^ I like the way you think hahhaha

Mystic Teal
    98' Formula

Ya, my Vettes rusting all over. They didn't prep the metal right @ all.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    F-bodies just break a lot. Mine never saw any rough usage and the wheel bearings went out at 75K miles. Then again at 80K miles. The rear end looked great at 75K miles, but blew up in the driveway at 80K miles (I was backing up and had the clutch 1/3 out at 800rpm when the pinion bearing spun on me) (along with the TO bearing going bad then too). GM really skimped on this model.

Just my opinion after owning one for a year and hating 9 of those months. I have gotten over 30K miles on 4 used BFG KDW's, thats how easy I drive this thing. Non-wear items break a lot, its just cheap parts. The 10-bolt being one of the cheapest. Upgrade as you go I guess.
    Well you obviously bought a P.O.S. or you don't realize that you are actually the one beating the piss outta it! Wheel bearings wearing out at 5k? HaHa, no!
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 11-17-2007 at 01:30 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yeah its not like they changed the design of wheel bearings for this car! hAHHAHAHA

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 0to60n4.5 View Post
    Ya, my Vettes rusting all over. They didn't prep the metal right @ all.

that sucks man-you should have bought one of those new fibreglass vettes!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information