My AC leaks onto my carpet!!

This is a discussion on My AC leaks onto my carpet!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Since the day I bought my car the AC leaks water onto the carpet in front of the passenger seat. ...

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

My AC leaks onto my carpet!!

Since the day I bought my car the AC leaks water onto the carpet in front of the passenger seat. The dealer refused to fix it even the day after i bought the car! Does anyone know how I could fix this problem?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

How much water are you talking about? A few drips from condensation is normal.

Sounds like the evaporator/condensate drain is clogged. It's supposed to drip water outside the car with the AC on. Look on the passenger side firewall for a small rubber tube coming out. It's hard to find, you'll have to jack up the passenger side, see if you can unclog it with a metal clothes hanger.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

That's silly that they wouldn't fix that-it's a simple thing that they should have done for new customer satisfaction. Don't think I'd go back there.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    Sounds like the evaporator/condensate drain is clogged. It's supposed to drip water outside the car with the AC on. Look on the passenger side firewall for a small rubber tube coming out. It's hard to find, you'll have to jack up the passenger side, see if you can unclog it with a metal clothes hanger.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding....we have a winnter. Happened to my wifes GTP last year. Only took a couple of minutes to fix it once I found the tube. Just look up the firewall. It'll be a rubber elbow coming out of it.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

It would fill up the entire car if i left it on with the windows closed haha... but it would leave a huge puddle if it were on for an hour. I'll check the firewall... thanks guys.

Thread Information