Thread: Must Get tuned

black
    2001 ss

Must Get tuned

Alright Ive had enough with my car fouling plugs. Went through two sets of E3 Plugs in two months. Are the plugs junk or is it my tune. Ive heard good things about the plugs but my car also has long tube headers and cold air slp intake with a stock tune. I think its time to try getting a mail order tune from frost or somebody but i want to get the best one i can. so my question is who is the best and how much can i expect to spend. thanks for any help you guys can provide.

I don't use the E3's, and since I have no idea what heat range you are running, or how their number system even works, I'd first recommend installing different set of plugs with the correct heat range and see what that does for you.

You also didn't mention gas fouled or oil fouled, but since you mentioned needing tuned, I'll assume gas fouled. Are you setting any codes? For the car to be running that rich to foul plugs it should be telling you about it with the SES light.
    If so you may have an MAF not reporting properly or an 02 sensor issue. Since your mods are so minor and you are sure you still have the stock tune, I wouldn't guess there is a problem with the tune.

black
    2001 ss

it throws an O2 sensor code most of the time. I figured it was because of the headers. They are gas fouled and when it happens it throws a random misfire code.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what was the actual code? There are rear sensor codes that just monitor the cats and there are front sensor codes that control fueling.....if you're throwing a code for a front sensor that is most likely your issue.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

That seems like a short time to gas foul plugs. I've been running LTs with the stock tune all summer without any issues. Only codes I get are for the rear o2s because they aren't there and for the missing AIR pump.
    Check the code like Orion said. probably a front o2 problem.
    Never used the E3, but I would assume they would last longer than a month.

Thread Information