Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

moving

This is a discussion on moving within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by c5z28 yah dude that should take care of it. awsome! its coming up in january...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    yah dude that should take care of it.
    awsome! its coming up in january

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I hate to say it but why not get a new set of headers and y pipe with the high flow cats and o2's ? little more money spent but then you got that taken care of.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by anniversary30 View Post
    I hate to say it but why not get a new set of headers and y pipe with the high flow cats and o2's ? little more money spent but then you got that taken care of.
    me?

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

In the mid-70's, the CHP would det up roadside smog testing stations and flag down random cars for a check. I had been back in Ca for 3 weeks when I was stopped. A sniffer was put in the exhaust pipe and I was told open the hood for a visual inspection. I had just come back from spending 5 yrs in Fla where they didn't care about smog equip. I had headers on my Nova so I welded the air injector lines from the smog pump on to the header pipes. It looked like they were hooked up properly but did nothing. Fortunately, the car passed the sniffer and they put a sticker on the inside of the windshied and sent me on my way. I had to trade the car in before the next year so that was the only time I got stopped. I'm surprised that Ca hasn't gone back to those checks.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by planemech2 View Post
    In the mid-70's, the CHP would det up roadside smog testing stations and flag down random cars for a check. I had been back in Ca for 3 weeks when I was stopped. A sniffer was put in the exhaust pipe and I was told open the hood for a visual inspection. I had just come back from spending 5 yrs in Fla where they didn't care about smog equip. I had headers on my Nova so I welded the air injector lines from the smog pump on to the header pipes. It looked like they were hooked up properly but did nothing. Fortunately, the car passed the sniffer and they put a sticker on the inside of the windshied and sent me on my way. I had to trade the car in before the next year so that was the only time I got stopped. I'm surprised that Ca hasn't gone back to those checks.
    that would suck!

I doubt the size of the police force has kept up with population growth. Besides, California has no money for such checks. I do think it would be a good idea for cops to inspect cars they've pulled over on other grounds, because there are too many unsafe vehicles on the road. Heck, many unsafe cars pass the smog test. Long drives to new states tend to weed them out, though

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

This is why I am not getting rid of egr or the air pump deal or the cats. I live in Fl. but IMO one day the rules are gonna change and alot of people will be fked. Not me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information