Black
    '98 Z28

Mounting ground effects???

Okay, so I just bought the side skirts from the RS package for my Camaro. For anyone that has the kit on their camaro, how are they mounted? The side skirts that I received only have one of those black plastic clips and so far, I have been unable to locate any replacements. Are there really holes under the door for the skirt to mount to? If any of you have pictures of the body with the side skirts taken off, can you post a picture of the mounting area? Any and all help is appreciated.

The clips look like this, only this particular one is advertised for a Ford.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

you have to drill the holes...

and they mount with similar clips, and also in the wheelwell

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Okay, so I just bought the side skirts from the RS package for my Camaro. For anyone that has the kit on their camaro, how are they mounted? The side skirts that I received only have one of those black plastic clips and so far, I have been unable to locate any replacements. Are there really holes under the door for the skirt to mount to? If any of you have pictures of the body with the side skirts taken off, can you post a picture of the mounting area? Any and all help is appreciated.

The clips look like this, only this particular one is advertised for a Ford.

Click for full size
    idk if i can help but i just bought some and there was 3 clear plastic straps but i havnt mounted them yet so if you figure it out please post w pics. maybe those clips connect to the straps idk??

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    idk if i can help but i just bought some and there was 3 clear plastic straps but i havnt mounted them yet so if you figure it out please post w pics. maybe those clips connect to the straps idk??
    These clips are used on the side skirts. On the inside, there's a lip that this piece slides under. It's tough to describe, but I'll try and take a pic tomorrow and upload it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I know that my front piece is drilled and bolted and we also used double stick tape ( I had to have it repainted and that's how it was put on and how we put it back on after painting). My side skirts are bolted on each end but I'm not sure about any clips or if it is also drilled along the bottom. I'll have to check tomorrow.

Pretty sure you're going to have to drill though. At least on the ends.

Thread Information