View Poll Results: More Traction or More Power?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Traction!

22 61.11%
  • More Power!

14 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

More Power or More Traction?

This is a discussion on More Power or More Traction? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; My SFC's are only 2 point so maybe I'm still flexing more than I should be. I wonder if I ...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My SFC's are only 2 point so maybe I'm still flexing more than I should be. I wonder if I can weld some angle iron to the middle section of the SFC's and the floor pan without messing anything up for some more strength.

Red
    1971 Camaro

probably more power...You can control the traction and then hammer it at the end...
    71 Camaro, roller cam 454 LS6, tremec TKO 600 5 speed, 2.56 gears, berlineta t-top, New Mexico plate "RAT454"
    74 Monte Carlo, 95 LT1 drive traIn swap, full computer,
    67 Buick Electra 225, 430 tire burner wildcat,
    +++if it ain't broke it's breaking+++

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by RAT454 View Post
    probably more power...You can control the traction and then hammer it at the end...
    That's the problem with the LS1 & 245's. You can't hammer it down low you'll just smoke em up and on the top end where the LS1 shines they let loose again. Atleast in a M6 that's how it goes.

Black
    2001 SS

Well if you had any bigger tires at all I'd say power, but it'll be a pain in the ass to launch that car with 245s on it.

white
    98 SS

I went with power first and now i am finally getting to traction/suspension. i did all the common adders such as lt's, cam, exhaust, maf, intake, etc. I have 275's w/ drag radials and can smoke them at will. I figured since it is a garage queen and I rip my car w/ a conscience (if that is possible - no drop clutches and few hard starts from the line...mostly from a rolling start) I figured I would have more fun w/ the power than the traction to start, escpecially since I have been building it up for some time.

9 years old w/ 19k miles and I am finally getting to the suspension part w/ no regrets about adding power first

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Get the cam in there and buy some drag radials for your existing rims (used if you have to). Just be careful with a sticky tire and an M6....and know that a cam is more than a cam - it's springs, retainers, pushrods, gaskets, a tune and a few trips to the local auto parts store for fluids, pen magnets, etc. Oh, and you'll need a clutch soon there after.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    thanks for the replies guys! I think i'm going with the rims/tires. I still have a lot of time to plan out which ones i want.
    Good choice. I have 285/40/17 Eagle F1's out back, and they hook pretty well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information