Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mobil1 100% Synthetic Not

This is a discussion on Mobil1 100% Synthetic Not within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; PP is 3.99 a quart from Walmart out here but mobil 1 5.99 a quart and mobil 1 extended performance ...

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

PP is 3.99 a quart from Walmart out here but mobil 1 5.99 a quart and mobil 1 extended performance was 6.79 a quart. Whats strange is that the auto parts stores are trying to sell PP at the same price as mobil 1 at 5.99 a quart. So i'll be buying my PP from Walmart.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    PP is 3.99 a quart from Walmart out here but mobil 1 5.99 a quart and mobil 1 extended performance was 6.79 a quart. Whats strange is that the auto parts stores are trying to sell PP at the same price as mobil 1 at 5.99 a quart. So i'll be buying my PP from Walmart.
    I bought 15 quarts last time I visited Wal-Mart.
    Three cars using the stuff so I tend to run out quick.

And I hate going to my local Wal-Marts. The only nice one around here is in Superior...which luckily is the second closest one to me.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I live less than a mile from a Walmart-but i hate to shop there. Always crowded and unfriendly help-the greeters at the door NEVER say hello to me! Not that I would want them to (maybe they are trying to tell me something haha)---anyway--will go to look at the oil prices. Thanks for the tip guys.
    I've always like Pennzoil products myself, been using them for years.

red
    97 corvette

Well Nat,
    I may not know a lot about machinery..so I go to a certified mechanic. One that has at least read the manual and passed the I CAN READ TEST.
    40W is a heavy oil and NOT,recommended for your car. It is however, your car. Have you ever watched anyone kickstart (try to kickstart) an old panhead HD when it's cold? Kinda hard..wants to be left alone. With that mileage, I would think a bit.
    A good synthetic runs cooler and longer. Much better . My opinion. GB

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'd rather pay the extra few $$s and not got to Wal Mart for PP.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I'd rather pay the extra few $$s and not got to Wal Mart for PP.
    You'll have to explain that rational to me someday.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

There is a rising feeling of resentment for Walmart in this country. Walmart is talking note of this and is trying to change it's image. They will have to go a long ways to convince me anythings changed.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Why the resentment? Resentment to or for what?

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I believe it is how they kill the "mom-n-pop stores when they move in, and the way employees are treated/paid/benefits. I however think all business is pretty much the same i.e. to make money and if they sell it for cheap, I'm buyin.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

No shit...the American way...hell if folks do not wish to work there they don't have to...as for the mom and pops....they need to get competitive with the global economy or go out of business.....I guess I dont understand....oh well....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Nothing to do with Mom & Pop stores, it's just a dump!

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Some are some aren't, there's two in shitty parts of town here and there dirty and so are the customers, there's another thats in a newer part of town thats about seven years old and its not that bad at all. Now Kmart those are usaully as dumpy as it gets.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Nothing to do with Mom & Pop stores, it's just a dump!
    That is a perception statement. I mean I could care less if you don't want to spend money somewhere or the other...but you made a definitive statement and backed it up with perception. Oh well.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I'm surprised you haven't heard of the Walmart controversy. Walmart will open a store in a small town, run all the other businesses out of business in that town, and then close the store forcing everyone to go 5+ miles away to the next Walmart which has taken over that town. It is felt the only reason they spent all that money building the building was to gain a monopoly on the small town. Being the only business in town left standing the people have to work there or leave their hometown. Walmart themselves have announced recently that they will give their employees a break and start giving them a better deal. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Don't give me a hard time about this-I'm neither making this up or responsible for it.
    Walmart's sales are lagging because of the growing resentment to their heavyhanded tactics. I recognized this years ago and stopped shopping there if I didn't have to. My American right to shop where I want. Others in small communities lost that right.
    All that's happened is more people are coming around to resent Walmart . Again don't argue with me about what's going on-if anyone wishes to be a thickhead and not care about what's happening they have that right also.

white
    2002 Z28

On a totally different subject, does anyone have trouble with tire noise? I am running Yoko's and they give off quite a ruckus! The "washing machine, rom-rom-rom" from about 30 mph on up to highway speeds, and beyond. I've had the tires checked and they look to be structurally sound. Even wear and so on. I don't believe I have a problem with the rear end. The sound starts at 30 and I can't feel anything in the driveline (shifter). Any ideas? Alternate brands of tire?

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by nat83 View Post
    On a totally different subject, does anyone have trouble with tire noise? I am running Yoko's and they give off quite a ruckus! The "washing machine, rom-rom-rom" from about 30 mph on up to highway speeds, and beyond. I've had the tires checked and they look to be structurally sound. Even wear and so on. I don't believe I have a problem with the rear end. The sound starts at 30 and I can't feel anything in the driveline (shifter). Any ideas? Alternate brands of tire?
    This is about oil and price, not tires. start a new thread.

White
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1 View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't heard of the Walmart controversy. Walmart will open a store in a small town, run all the other businesses out of business in that town, and then close the store forcing everyone to go 5+ miles away to the next Walmart which has taken over that town. It is felt the only reason they spent all that money building the building was to gain a monopoly on the small town. Being the only business in town left standing the people have to work there or leave their hometown. Walmart themselves have announced recently that they will give their employees a break and start giving them a better deal. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Don't give me a hard time about this-I'm neither making this up or responsible for it.
    Walmart's sales are lagging because of the growing resentment to their heavyhanded tactics. I recognized this years ago and stopped shopping there if I didn't have to. My American right to shop where I want. Others in small communities lost that right.
    All that's happened is more people are coming around to resent Walmart . Again don't argue with me about what's going on-if anyone wishes to be a thickhead and not care about what's happening they have that right also.

Ok, here is the deal, on this. Wal-Mart has simple tactics, put stuff on a shelf and sell it at a low price. They do not go into small towns and then pull out. Also Wal-Mart does not own the buildings they are in, they are rented. About the workers being mistreated? I have not been mistreated and I have been there for 5 years. Oh yeah my father has not either and hes been there for 25 years. Anyways this thread is about oil and prices so about Wal-Mart

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Look...I understand the issues with Wal-Mart.
    But I am 28, just had a baby, and am trying to pay my mortgage every month.

Cheaper wins out....every time.

white
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    This is about oil and price, not tires. start a new thread.
    Gee Thanks! Why dont I grow up and start a new thread asking about my tire noise. Versus being a total butt monkey.
    Last edited by Sarge; 06-01-2007 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Your welcome. Grow up kid.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by Twistingreality View Post
    Ok, here is the deal, on this. Wal-Mart has simple tactics, put stuff on a shelf and sell it at a low price. They do not go into small towns and then pull out. Also Wal-Mart does not own the buildings they are in, they are rented. About the workers being mistreated? I have not been mistreated and I have been there for 5 years. Oh yeah my father has not either and hes been there for 25 years. Anyways this thread is about oil and prices so about Wal-Mart
    Actually they do go into small towns and pull out after making the locals go under. It's been documented many times. This is not something I'm making up- I've seen this reported on a Dateline or 60 minutes and other sources. It's been going on for years. I realize they are not going to admit to this and it's impossible to prove this without their admittance. But it's obvious as hell to alot of folks.
    As far as them 'renting' (lease?) their buildings- ok maybe. But who paid for the building that now has no use. The towns usually have to foot the bill for the streets and stoplights and fire hydrants etc. in anticipation of the future tax revenues that never occur. Good for the towns? Hardly.....
    If you are happy working there good for you. The part about Walmart making an effort to treat their employees better came from Walmart themselves shortly after posting the lowest X-mas profits of the major retailers in this country this past season. It was a statement given out to the press in response to what they themselves perceive as a boycott that is occuring as a result of their bad image.
    I didn't pick the argument about Walmart-someone else did. Someone was demanding answers to what this was about and I wanted to give some. The question as to Walmarts price on oil was presented as an example of what it is possible to buy Mobil 1 and PP at. Think I will go down to the local Target and get their prices before making that decision.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information