Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mobil1 100% Synthetic Not

This is a discussion on Mobil1 100% Synthetic Not within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by bevenue What about oil additives like Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer or Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer? http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=2&loc=show ...

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bevenue View Post
    What about oil additives like Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer or Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer?

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=2&loc=show
    This is a waste of money,don't buy it!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlamp View Post
    Sarge, How many months between changes with PP? Is it still 3 months? It would take me a year to go 5K. Also all I do is cruise around, don't really race it. Will get on it from time to time, like when getting on the highway (have to get it up to speed quickly for safe merging..lol).
    Low mileage can go 6 months with no issues at all.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by bevenue View Post
    What about oil additives like Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer or Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer?

Junk. Viscosity enhancer. Makes your oil thick as shit.
    AutoRX and Lube Control work. Damn good.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Low mileage can go 6 months with no issues at all.
    thanks Sarge!!!!!!!!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Too thin for the LSx.
    30 weights are too thin? I don't think so. Not all 30s are the same.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    30 weights are too thin? I don't think so. Not all 30s are the same.
    5w-30 is.
    Very few of them are thick enough. Run 10w-30.

Used up the last of the Mobil 1 on the girl's Vibe.
    Trans Am has one more change on VP and it will be onto 10w-30 Pennzoil Platinum. Grand Am starts PP tomorrow.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

baa i dont even buy mobil 1, its like a viper, just because they cost alot dont mean they are that fast.......

i get my synthetic 10w30 oil free, so i dont really car what brand i get, just chage the oil every 3k miles

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    5w-30 is.
    Very few of them are thick enough. Run 10w-30.

Used up the last of the Mobil 1 on the girl's Vibe.
    Trans Am has one more change on VP and it will be onto 10w-30 Pennzoil Platinum. Grand Am starts PP tomorrow.
    Only thinner at start up, which is a good thing. http://theoildrop.server101.com/foru...e=0#Post711581
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 05-19-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

That is Mobil 1. Which is thinner than most in the first place.
    Interesting chart though. Thanks.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

German Castrol (a 0W30) is prolly thicker than most any other 10W30 you can buy at operating temp. The X in XW30 only indicates cold operating temp and the thinner at start up the better.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

GC is good oil but it is non existent and I don't recommend an oil the guys cannot go and purchase.....sending them on a search to the ends of the earth for 6 quarts of anything doesn't do anybody any good. Secondly...yes 5w is thinner at 0c versus 10w. Anybody out there live on the north pole? What you are missing is the film strength of a 10w versus the film strength of a 5w. 10w clings better than a 5w in "average" ambient temps...thus you get better metal wear protection versus a 5w at start up in a car started down to once a week. Thirdly 10-30w has fewer viscosity enhancers thus less viscosity ( see shearing) breakdown versus a 0-30 or a 5-30......more stable at op temps. Fourthly I applaud you out doing some research man....good job....does get confusing and takes lots of time to put it all together for sure.....
    For a little "oil experiment" take the same brand of oil.....get a quart of 5-30 and a quart of 10-30....get a hunk of metal.....make sure that metal is around a 45 degree angle down....at the top of the angle...put two or three drops of each oil....mark em so you don't forget which is which
    Put them drops on there and let em run down...come back in 48 hours and tell me which side has the most oil "film"...the 5w or the 10w. Obviously the 5w is thinner.....Nah...I let you do your own experiment and then you tell me which oil you would want clinging to your cylinder walls and internal engine parts....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA
    This is at room temp. I have not argued 5W30 was thinner here. Thinner oil at start up is beneficial. I dont know what this experiment proves.
    Well now you have me confused...I mistakenly thought you were arguing that 5w provided better protection at startup versus 10w due its flow ability at ambient temps. I countered with film thickness providing more protection than start up flow. Rational behind it is simple. Even if I had 0w it would take a few seconds to reach all the internal components in my motor....I would rather have a film on there protecting me at start up....the delta between a 5w and a 10w at ambient temps flowing is nill. The delta you point out is at 0c...if its that cold I ain't in my car I'm dead anyway. Froze to death in my ice igloo. With a Shiner Bock in one hand and a Marlboro in the other.
    The "experiment" simply shows that the 10w leaves a thicker film ( one you can actual feel) than the 5w.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Check out HTHS and not cSt.....

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Not gonna argue, that's why I deleted it but they still seem to think on bitog that 5W/0W still give better wear #s on start up. My car hates the Redline 10W30 I've used for several years, UAO showed so. Patman has recomended Redline 5W30 in the past. Use what you like.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Not gonna argue, that's why I deleted it but they still seem to think on bitog that 5W/0W still give better wear #s on start up. My car hates the Redline 10W30 I've used for several years, UAO showed so. Patman has recomended Redline 5W30 in the past. Use what you like.
    Well now dont get me wrong....I like lower viscosity for start up flow ( amongst other things).....it is when your trying to debate protection at start up leaving out film strength is like arguing who has the nicest tig ol bitties and just looking at their bra's. Sorry...I hit reply and then went outside...came back and replied and I guess you had deleted your post....or I wouldnt have finished responding.....

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Answer:
    Just like other companies, we do not discuss our product formulations for obvious proprietary reasons. Mobil 1 Extended Performance is formulated using a combination of high performance fluids including PAO, along with a proprietary system of performance additives. But in the end, it is also about performance. Mobil 1 is used by more Original Equipment Manufacturers than any other oil as factory fill in their vehicles. Also take note of the kind of testing we put our product through, including the Las Vegas field testing we recently completed. The Mobil 1 technology is also tested each weekend on the race track. In fact, more than 50 percent of all NASCAR teams use Mobil 1.
    http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Mo..._Question.aspx

OH NO, over 50% of the nascar teams use mobil 1 but the PENNZOIL PLATINUM 29 CAR OF KEVIN HARVICK won the million dollar all-star race. What more proof do you need race fans?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well I guess our super rich buddies at Exxon-Mobil are starting to feel the pressure. Look at what they just "updated" on their website in the FAQ section. Once again a non-denial denial. A year or so ago all their marketing proudly proclaimed Mobil1 was 100% PAO...today the say "including PAO"....they just will not admit they are just another GroupIII conventional basestock synthetic blend that should be $3.50 per quart....nope...the uninformed just keep paying full synthetic prices for a GroupIII blend.....sad but true.....
    Question:
    Response to Claims that Products Contain 'Mostly Mineral Oil'
    I've seen claims of gas chromatograph analysis of Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 SM dated 10-06 that state it is "mostly mineral oil". Realizing that you cannot divulge your exact formulations, what do you say to the critics that claim you are using a high percentage of hydro processed mineral oil in Mobil 1 instead of the more expensive PAO or polyester base stocks?
    -- Jeff Willett, St. Peters, MO

Answer:
    Just like other companies, we do not discuss our product formulations for obvious proprietary reasons. Mobil 1 Extended Performance is formulated using a combination of high performance fluids including PAO, along with a proprietary system of performance additives. But in the end, it is also about performance. Mobil 1 is used by more Original Equipment Manufacturers than any other oil as factory fill in their vehicles. Also take note of the kind of testing we put our product through, including the Las Vegas field testing we recently completed. The Mobil 1 technology is also tested each weekend on the race track. In fact, more than 50 percent of all NASCAR teams use Mobil 1.
    http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Mineral_Oil_Question.aspx
    Wanted to point out something here- I wrote them that question last year sometime and was wondering when they would get around to answering.
    I just now looked at this thread and was more than surprised to see my name there! I wrote that question to them to try to get an answer for a thread/debate that was raging on here at the time. That thread seemed to disappear/ get deleted or something- it doesn't matter. I felt at the time and still do-these debates we have on here demand instant answers from the group but sometimes it takes a while to get the other side of the story. All they can answer is that in their opinion the performance of the oil speaks for itself. I'll leave that performance to be debated as I'm sure it will.
    In closing and in all fairness to Mobil, I do use Mobil One in my car. I just wanted to give them the opportunity to answer back.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1 View Post
    Wanted to point out something here- I wrote them that question last year sometime and was wondering when they would get around to answering.
    I just now looked at this thread and was more than surprised to see my name there! I wrote that question to them to try to get an answer for a thread/debate that was raging on here at the time. That thread seemed to disappear/ get deleted or something- it doesn't matter. I felt at the time and still do-these debates we have on here demand instant answers from the group but sometimes it takes a while to get the other side of the story. All they can answer is that in their opinion the performance of the oil speaks for itself. I'll leave that performance to be debated as I'm sure it will.
    In closing and in all fairness to Mobil, I do use Mobil One in my car. I just wanted to give them the opportunity to answer back.
    No in fairness to the consumer they should stop misleading and bullshitting folks and charge what the fair market value is for the product they are delivering instead all this double speak smoke and mirrors bullshit. Furthermore you asked a direct question and they did not even come close to answering your direct question. Their non denial denial speaks volumes though.....

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Seeing how the pennzoil car won the all-star event and Harvick's from my town i will only be using pennzoil platinum...J/K

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information