Thread: mind of its own

silver
    98 ss camaro

mind of its own

So i'm having some issues I'm thinking it's the clutch. So every now and then it'll feel weird when I shift I have the pro 5.0 shifter and usually it kinda of clicks into gear. lately sometimes i'll go to put it in gear and it will resist and go but not a smooth shift feels like i'm pulling the gear into clay or something like theres not a slot for it. The other day I back up a hill and when i went to drive 2nd and 4th where gone 1st 3rd and 5th no problem kept driving and played around and it came back and has been fine. The soft feeling is there when I punch it and shift into 2nd real quick and let off it'll get that clay feeling. The only issues i've had in the past it the clutch pedal getting stuck down a little I was told that the stock master cyclinder in the ls1's have this issue and that theres a drill mod you can do to fix this was planning on doing that but with this i'm not sure. My other worry is that the fluid in the tranny or diff are low.

Sorry this is so long On the 7th I should have my headers, ypipe ls6 intake manifold, tb is already in with the intake and exhaust and thank you for the people helping me figure out this hp tuner. I'm worried with the extra power that the clutch is just going out and won't hold up, i'm driving her to vegas on the 12th after all the parts are in. I'm wondering if i should try to get a new clutch in there and if so what kind mods are listed, i'm gonna do all myself decent with cars but will be on here asking questions for sure, i've never really messed with a tranny or clutch so i'm a little worried to be honest.

Red
    01 ECSB Z71 & 89 Iroc-Z

Hmm. Kinda sounds like the synchro's in the tranny are going out to me.

silver
    98 ss camaro

thats what I was worried about like I said the drivetrain worries me never opened any of that up myself. My friend lives in a small town and his good friends a mechanic and their redicioulsy slow right now and he'll take any work so I'm thinking about getting the parts and getting them to install it for cheap. What do you think would be a good price to change out the clutch and the sycros in the tranny.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

im not sure but i think a buddy of mine payed about 1200 of 1500 for his. if you are going to do it replace the shift forks also and if you want to make big power later look into relacing the shaft with a viper one. i cant remember if it was the input of output shaft but i think its the output.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Well i remember when I changed the clutch before aamco only charged like 400 in labor didn't think the sycros would be that much more works any suggestions on clutches or where to get the sycros or the forks from.

Thread Information