Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Mileage problem

This is a discussion on Mileage problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ^ Good explanation you hear those terms used all the time...like ''stock''....

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^ Good explanation you hear those terms used all the time...like ''stock''.

White
    2000 SS

That is a very good explanation, and the more I think about it the more it really doesn't bother me at all. I had already planned on many upgrades so it would have been changed regardless. Well "many upgrades" to me would seem to be different than people around here...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Yeah Chase, i think if someone wants to keep a car all stock/original for the purpose of resale or as a someday classic then it would be cool to do. some car guys are into matching numbers and all on the classics they buy because they are worth more for resale I know that some guys (like myself and thousands of others)just cant leave a car alone (stock) It always bugged the shit out my old man when i was a kid...and i have a buddy that has an 97 SS that only did a muffler upgrade only,he likes to r/r parts with stock but i figure if im replacing something anyway it might as well be an upgrade!! Keeps the aftermarket manufacturers happy....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i get 11 city, 24 highway, thats with an M6, LTs, LS6 intake, and frost tune. I dont drive hard very often, but ill admit i generally run with my RPMs a bit higher than most, it seems like at any given speed im a gear lower than most people, a habit im trying to break

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

Whew! i feel like i am back in grade school in the 60's, reading Jack can run. Jack fell down. And yes i just started on the site, and believe me, I will be someone who type's something wrong. Just don't hold it against me. I am a old school car guy. Not a young guy or lady with typing skill's.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

With these mods in my signature driving a mix of hwy/city and having my foot planted deep most times I get 19-20 miles/gallon. Now if I stay on hwy I get about 26 miles/gallon.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

i drive 110 miles to and from work just about all the time. and on the interstate even with my mods my gto still get up above 25mpg. and even at 90 mph it gets 22 to 23. 04 gto's came out from the factory with a feature built in the ecm called lean cruise. and once the cruise is set you can watch the mileage come up. and i have checked my guage mileage to the pencil many times. and my cluster is so close to doing the gallons figure they is not much to worry with. it takes me a 1/8 of a tank to go 110 miles doing 75 with no stops. but my milage differs when it gets hotter, it will get me less. my car was tuned for a certain ambient temp. and if it is 110* out side my car show's me in bad mileage.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^nice to know that the on car MPG compares to what you figure with the pencil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information