black
    1998 Camaro SS

might sell....what is it worth??

i am thinking about selling my car to get something else but im not sure really what is worth. kbb says a 98 ss with 100k is only worth like 7000 but i see them for sale for alot more than that. anyway heres the specs on my car.

1998 black camaro slp ss 105k miles. the car is in really good shape. only two things i can think of even bad is there is a tear along the seam on the drivers seat and theres 2 small chips in the hood from rocks hitting it. mods include: welded in subframe connectors, strut tower brace, prc stage 2.5 heads, dual springs, titanium retainers and pushrods, 228r cam, ls6 oil pump, slp maf, bbk intake, ls7 lifters, ls2 lifter trays,ls2 timing chain, k&n filter and intake, slp lid, lontube headers, ORY, magnaflow catback, tr6 plugs, msd plug wires, computer tuned by bill wright, HSW dry nitrous kit, bottle heater, purge kit and microedge installed but never has been sprayed bc i havent gotten it dynotuned yet. inside it has a $2000 stereo in it....pioneer head unit, infinity components, 4 channel infinity amp hiddin in back. has nitto drag radials and new tires on front with new tierod ends and just did alignment. all of these parts were installed last summer and the car has never been to the track. im sure im missing some stuff. other little things include pennzoil platinum every 3k, just put royal purple gear oil in rearend as well as flushing tranny and refilling. the car would also include all stock parts taken off during install.

that was a long list......So what do you guys think its worth? i put around 8k in parts alone but i know i wont get much for all the parts being on it. thanks
    Last edited by jmatt07; 04-23-2010 at 12:47 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I'll estimate $10,000

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

IMO...with all that work you put into it...why not keep it? I mean, hell, just enjoy it. They are disappearing.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

hmm only 10k huh? i thought it would be more than that since i saw alot of stock z28 and ss on autotrader for sale at like 14k and ive put so much money in it. And as far as just keeping it i wish i could but it costs me so much money to maintain and it seems like its always needing something and i dont have the money or time to be working on it. its my fault, i should have just kept it stock. i want a newer car that gets better gas mileage that i can drive year round.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You could de-mod the car, sell the performance parts and then sell a "stock" or near stock car to get more money out of it

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

all depends, most of those cars for 14k stay in there for a long time too. I bought my 2000 z28 in '07 for $6,500 w/ 103k
    2000 Z28 M6 125,XXX: SLP lid, K&N, 10.4mm Taylor plug wires, Frost Tune, P&P TB, NGK Iridium plugs, Magnaflow Cat back, BMR SFC's and tower brace, TSP LT's and ORY, LS6 intake, MAC Girdle, UMI LCA's and Panhard, LS7 Clutch Kit, so far..

ford ranger

All the mod usally scare pepole off. You would be luck to get 10 k out of it. Thats jmo though.

White
    '02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1dreaming View Post
    All the mod usally scare pepole off. You would be luck to get 10 k out of it. Thats jmo though.
    My thoughts... lots of mods = beater.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You could de-mod the car, sell the performance parts and then sell a "stock" or near stock car to get more money out of it
    ^^^This. Especially the stereo and bolt ons. You'll never get out what you have in the car and you'll need to try to salvage some of what you've sunk into it. I gave less than $7 for my 'Hawk with 126k on it- the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and people are not willing to pay top dollar for high mileage cars. Think about it- for $14k what could you buy?

NBM
    01 Camaro SS

I am buying an 01 SS with 39,000 miles for $12,500. Mostly stock except for wheels and tires. This is exactly what I was looking for - something mostly stock and not beat on so much. Some guy had a 98 SS with 110,000 miles and a turbo on a rebuilt motor asking $10,000 ... I stayed away from it. He took me for a ride, it was sick, but the way he drove it - I didnt want that.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SSnow View Post
    My thoughts... lots of mods = beater.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChvyCruzen View Post
    I am buying an 01 SS with 39,000 miles for $12,500. Mostly stock except for wheels and tires. This is exactly what I was looking for - something mostly stock and not beat on so much. Some guy had a 98 SS with 110,000 miles and a turbo on a rebuilt motor asking $10,000 ... I stayed away from it. He took me for a ride, it was sick, but the way he drove it - I didnt want that.
    You will be hard pressed to find many F-bods that have'nt been beat on. Even folks whom don't drive fast tend to skimp on fluid changes, tire rotations, body care, interior care, ect,ect. Not everyone is an enphusiast.(sp) Lots of people get a SES light and just say, "that's an idiot light" and keep on running the car till it dies or they sell it. Never finding out and fixing the cause of trouble codes..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

To add.. Imho it does'nt really matter how the last guy took care of the car. Cause you'll be working on it anyways sooner or later. I got my 92 z34 in barely running condition and quickly determinded the only idiot in the ses light issue was the previous owner. I stopped and picked up a new egr before picking the car up. I put it on in their driveway and drove the car home. But not before they just stood there in awe because they had no clue what the ses light ment other than the afore mentioned and it would'nt run so good for them. I was sure to leave a nice 25 footer for them..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

If the engine is beat on properly (not over revved, not over heated, regular fluid changes, PM done as reqd, ect) then it shouldn't matter. I drag race the 02 on a regular basis and the drivetrain runs like a clock. Biggest problems I've had have been with the rearend (just did another gear change - finally it's quiet). Engine and tranny seem to beg for more. I'll be driving it to the LA Invasion from Phoenix here at the end of May. I'd trust the car (hell, I'd trust the 98 and it's got 181,xxx on it - but it's been well maintained - and it's been to LA and back 2X) driving to NY.

navy blue
    1998 z28 m6

if you really want to get top dollar for it,i'm pretty sure by getting it professionally Appraised enables you to ask over the suggested retail value.cuz that takes into consideration all the extras.i could be wrong but thats what you do to get proper insurance on a highly modded vehicle,im pretty sure it works when selling too.

on the other hand i agree with the other members that its a wicked sick car and should keep it.
    Last edited by pdiddyz28; 04-26-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Thread Information