Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

might have an issue could use some help

This is a discussion on might have an issue could use some help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 2002 a4 with around 58k miles on it now. I've been feeling and hearing some weird ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    2002 a4 with around 58k miles on it now. I've been feeling and hearing some weird things when I accelerate. Happens when I start giving it more gas. Its sound like a slight thunk/pop and I can feel it in the gas pedal through the car I guess. I think its come either from under or behind me. When I accelerate it feels like the car is shivering, and it does feel like it normally does but a bit laggy. Any ideas mighty masters of the ls1?
    Looking @ your sig,, 10-bolt huh? Might check your universals, torque arm, rear trany mount while your @ it.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

but thats the things its not like a persisting sound that would make me think anything like that is rubbing or hitting. it pretty much clunks when its about to shift and only on like 40%+ throttle. and even then its only on occasion

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Looking @ your sig,, 10-bolt huh? Might check your universals, torque arm, rear trany mount while your @ it.
    i had the rear end replaced already a short while after i bought the car. it had leaked the oil on the previous owner and when i bought it it still had extended warranty on it so i got it fixed by gm. though that was about 20,000 miles ago an i have been hard on it occasionally. wat do the universals, torque arm and tranny mount look like? i have no idea wat to look for underneath the car. my knowledge is still limited on these things.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    wat do the universals, torque arm and tranny mount look like? i have no idea wat to look for underneath the car. my knowledge is still limited on these things.
    Your u-joints will be on either end of the driveshaft. You'll need to remove the two bolts holding the clamps on each side and then examine the u-joints for wear and problems. The tranny mount is right under the tranny. Looks kinda like a block of rubber with two bolts in it. Very common for these to break - causes the tranny to move around. The torque arm runs from the frame to the rear end.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information