Blue
    2002 Z-28

Major spinout! Repair Help!

Im actully really lucky to not have wrecked....

So... Im goin up the on ramp to the highway (one of my favorite ones) and I punch it like I always do. Only this time the road way just barley wet where I couldnt really see it. I send the rear end into a violent fishtale at over 60 mph end up spinning out into the right lane of the highway. When I realized I didnt hit anything I looked to my right and saw oncoming traffic, only to find that my engine had stalled... I cranked her up and she started just in time to get me out of the road.... Rather stupid and thrilling adventure in any case.

from then on the car drives different. at slow speed the wheel shakes a little when I make a sharp left turn. It just doesnt "feel" the same like I may have damaged something in my steering.
    What should I check? wheel bearings? steering linkage? I really would hate to pay through the nose to have some greedy mechanic tell me what I can diagnose for myself... Any ideas? Please Help me Guys!!

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

You could have damaged the cords inside the tire, hat to say it, but the best thing you can do is just take it somewhere and get a free estimate, then you will know.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would guess a couple of things could've happened. Maybe flat spotted the tires, thrown a wheel weight, or knocked the alignment out a little. I would first have the tires checked out and balanced to see if that helps. Wouldn't be hard to flat spot them at those speeds.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    You could have damaged the cords inside the tire,
    I agree.........spinning out at that speed you probably flat spotted the tires

Blue
    2002 Z-28

Ill have the tires checked for sure.

Im just really worried that I could have damaged the suspension and or steering, the car is pulling more to the left now then before. What other areas would be vulnerable from a spin like that?

2000 Trans Am

alignment if the car is pulling, but more then likely flat spots!! Happened to me in my thunderbird, spun out going 70 and it felt like i was riding on square tires once i turned left. Hope this helps.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

get the tires checked and the alignment checked and you should be good to go. Unless you hit something I don't think there'd be much suspension damage. Just tire damage most likely and I guess you could've knocked it out of alignment a little bit. I've never spun a car out like that ( knock on wood) so I really have no experience in the matter but I'm just going by what makes sense. If you were on smooth pavement and spun the car there really should be no major damage, just those things I listed. Hell, they do it all the time in the movies and I never see them have to fix the car.

Slow SS

Black
    2002 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    You could have damaged the cords inside the tire, hat to say it, but the best thing you can do is just take it somewhere and get a free estimate, then you will know.

Wow, you have free estimates where you live. I work in the parts business around here and I know of nowhere that doesent have a diagnostic fee the charge to find out what is wrong

Thread Information