MAF Replacement

This is a discussion on MAF Replacement within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok, thankfully the last MAF thread has been closed as it was getting ugly. I posted in that thread that ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

MAF Replacement

Ok, thankfully the last MAF thread has been closed as it was getting ugly. I posted in that thread that my MAF had been de-screened, de-bladed and ported by a blind monkey using a rock.

Heeding the advice from the majority, I have a new GM stock replacement MAF on the way. Is the install simply "plug and play" or should I disconnect the battery for a bit to force the computer to "re-learn" on start up? I generally do unhook the battery for any major service, but if I can avoid the start/stall/run poorly routine I do.

Red

If you made no changes to the MAF tables, then plug and play. It will relearn a little based on the difference in the numbers vs. the O2 readings.

red
    2000 Z28

plug n play. you will be fine.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

As long as you stay away from that SLP MAF, your ok.

I'm just kidding. It did get a little out of hand. New stock maf is just plug and play, ur good.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post

I'm just kidding. It did get a little out of hand. New stock maf is just plug and play, ur good.
    Oh Boy.....
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Oh Boy.....
    I didn't know if you still knew how to get on to the site. how long you on nights for. How often you rotate shifts?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Play nice! Thanks for the info guys... just wasn't sure and wanted to check.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I didn't know if you still knew how to get on to the site. how long you on nights for. How often you rotate shifts?
    HAHAHA.....I have been on mids since 2000, we dont rotate shift, its done by seniority. I choose to stay on mids. Its been a combonation of moving and training the new canine thats been messing up my hours. In two weeks or so I will be done training and back on my regular 1900 - 0500!

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Play nice! Thanks for the info guys... just wasn't sure and wanted to check.
    If you havent noticed, we are on the same team now....our Captains do not allow any internal issues. Nevertheless, Crash and I always really got along, we just have whats called sarcasim and a sense of humor!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I always prefer to see things relearn from 0 than relearn from who-knows-where. I'd pull the battery and clear everything before first start personally but it won't make a huge difference either way.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

should work either way. I'm curious as to how much you paid for your new GM one?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

HAHAHA.....I have been on mids since 2000, we dont rotate shift, its done by seniority. I choose to stay on mids. Its been a combonation of moving and training the new canine thats been messing up my hours. In two weeks or so I will be done training and back on my regular 1900 - 0500!

If you havent noticed, we are on the same team now....our Captains do not allow any internal issues. Nevertheless, Crash and I always really got along, we just have whats called sarcasim and a sense of humor!
    well then i dont feel so bad since you chose to do it. Must be nice not having to worrie about tickets... I got pulled over yesterday for my exhuast no ticket but still. CA sucks right now for jobs. i have applied with about 10 different departments. The sheriff's department said "we like you but...... we dont have any money. sorry" i guess they just wanted to put me through the 6 month process just to see me squirm. Right now i am going through with the Highway Patrol, i already have my conditional offer and all i have left is my psych oral (so looks like im screwed) but of course now that i am so close i might be getting activated and deployed to some place warm...... really warm. FML

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1136 View Post
    should work either way. I'm curious as to how much you paid for your new GM one?
    Well... I thought it was a real good deal at $154.02. Then they added the shipping and handling and it jumped to $186.36 -- still a deal though compared to the $210.00 that the local dealership wanted.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I always prefer to see things relearn from 0 than relearn from who-knows-where. I'd pull the battery and clear everything before first start personally but it won't make a huge difference either way.

This was my initial thought too... that's why I posted the question to get some input.

While I have you on this thread -- I had also posted an inquiry on whether your tunes were "locked". I have just started the mod process and at some point will want to send you the PCM for a tune. I still like the idea of being able to play with my shift points and such, leaving the timing, fuel maps and such alone. Is this possible?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I NEVER EVER lock my tunes unless the customer specifically asks for it.

If someone locks a tune, even if under the guise of warranty of parts or otherwise, they have something to hide and they are trying to bully you into repeat business...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Well... I thought it was a real good deal at $154.02. Then they added the shipping and handling and it jumped to $186.36 -- still a deal though compared to the $210.00 that the local dealership wanted.
    this was in the for sale section here: Stock MAF

white

lol

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

well then i dont feel so bad since you chose to do it. Must be nice not having to worrie about tickets... I got pulled over yesterday for my exhuast no ticket but still. CA sucks right now for jobs. i have applied with about 10 different departments. The sheriff's department said "we like you but...... we dont have any money. sorry" i guess they just wanted to put me through the 6 month process just to see me squirm. Right now i am going through with the Highway Patrol, i already have my conditional offer and all i have left is my psych oral (so looks like im screwed) but of course now that i am so close i might be getting activated and deployed to some place warm...... really warm. FML
    It is hard to get hired anywhere these days as a cop. Make sure you answer the questions on the psych the way you think a sane person would answer them! Its that easy. I really hope you dont get deployed, I need you around here to keep me in check! You want to move to Florida? I might be able to get you a job and you can stay with me until you get settled in! Its really warm, just not Talaban warm!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

It is hard to get hired anywhere these days as a cop. Make sure you answer the questions on the psych the way you think a sane person would answer them! Its that easy. I really hope you dont get deployed, I need you around here to keep me in check! You want to move to Florida? I might be able to get you a job and you can stay with me until you get settled in! Its really warm, just not Talaban warm!
    hey im down to go where the job is idc where it takes me at this point. We used to go to Pensacola once a year.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

hey im down to go where the job is idc where it takes me at this point. We used to go to Pensacola once a year.
    You will be way south of Pensacola! If you want me to look into it seriously, PM with your background info (ie - millitary / college info) and I can look into into it for ya!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

You will be way south of Pensacola! If you want me to look into it seriously, PM with your background info (ie - millitary / college info) and I can look into into it for ya!
    Ya i'll send you my info this week. thanks

Thread Information