Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

MAF going bad?

This is a discussion on MAF going bad? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; If they are anywhere north of 75,000 miles I would definitely replace them. Over time, their performance degrades and as ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If they are anywhere north of 75,000 miles I would definitely replace them. Over time, their performance degrades and as a result you generally lose both mileage and power.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I guess i will try to replace them and start from there, thanks!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you have LT's get a set of Bosch 13111 sensors.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

ok thanks i will

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Im do for some O2's as well. Mine has 115k. I don't have LT's but I'm wondering if I should get the bosch ones. I'm not planning to do LT's any time soon. How long is the harness in the 13111's? Can I use cable ties and bundle then up? or should I just get the regular lenght?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

first make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks pre O2's......don't rule the O2's out but being that lean is probably mechanical. Exhaust or vacuum leak. The other side of the coin is that with that many miles your O2's should be changed out whether they're the problem or not.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The harness on the 13111's is long enough that you do not need extensions with LT's. Here's a pic of mine wired to the stock harness plugs. The driver side sensor harness runs up the passenger side and crosses back over in front of the oil pan.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The harness on the 13111's is long enough that you do not need extensions with LT's. Here's a pic of mine wired to the stock harness plugs. The driver side sensor harness runs up the passenger side and crosses back over in front of the oil pan.

Click for full size
    thanks Jeff. They look pretty long. I wonder if I can bundle the excess wire some where for future LT instalation.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Shouldn't be an issue and as long as you plan on installing LT's it'll save you $$ in the long run.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    first make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks pre O2's......don't rule the O2's out but being that lean is probably mechanical. Exhaust or vacuum leak. The other side of the coin is that with that many miles your O2's should be changed out whether they're the problem or not.
    im pretty sure its a vacuum leak if anything, i have a weird idle sometimes... I just cant narrow it down though!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

have you looked at that pcv hose where it turns to go into the intake? Those crack on the backside alot. Spray some carb cleaner on the vac. lines and listen for your idle to change. Do you heater and ac controls work fine? There's a small vac line on the back of the intake that supplies those controls that will create a vac leak if it's not put back on.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    have you looked at that pcv hose where it turns to go into the intake? Those crack on the backside alot. Spray some carb cleaner on the vac. lines and listen for your idle to change. Do you heater and ac controls work fine? There's a small vac line on the back of the intake that supplies those controls that will create a vac leak if it's not put back on.
    ok i can check it out but yes my heater and ac work fine but sometimes when i turn my AC on the idle will jump up real quick about 200 rpms.... And my car seems to idle a lot higher with the AC on

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    ok i can check it out but yes my heater and ac work fine but sometimes when i turn my AC on the idle will jump up real quick about 200 rpms.... And my car seems to idle a lot higher with the AC on
    that's normal......it's in the tune that way.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

oh ok... i just find it annoying it does that. Tomorrow i have the day off finally and i will check out that hose and i will change my headlight motor gear, ill probably check my O2's also. Thanks for helping guys appreciate the help

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It's that way on older cars too. They generally had an electric solenoid with a plunger on it that would tip the throttle plates open a bit more when the AC was running.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Hey guys turns out i have an exhaust leak. Today i started my car and i heard this unfamiliar ticking. At first i thought maybe it was my valvetrain making noises but its definitely an exhaust i can hear it when i accelerate only. If i rev it up its not really there but when its under a small load it will tick.. Its very small because i cant hear it with the windows down and i cant hear it with the radio up. I wonder if thats been causing the gassy smell?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If the leak is between the engine and front O2 senders -- this could be the problem. Air is probably being drawn into the exhaust and results in a false lean reading. This causes the PCM to add fuel. Fix the leak and let's see what happens.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

the leak is at the header bolt... Im trying to fix my dumb ass headlight now.. I replaced the motor gear and i plugged everything back up but im having a problem with my HID coming on.. When i plug everything up and turn the lights on the damn high beams come on and are very very dim and my low beam flickers. wtf!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i fixed the headlight now im on the bolt. Its the same bolt that gave me problems when i first bought the car. It was stripped deep and i had to put about 3 washers on it before i could get it to hold. Now once again its stripped and i tried adding a washer but its not doing the trick. I have a set of ARP header studs but theyre not grabbing, they just slide in and out. Im guessing it has slowly been backing out and its finally to the point where i cant fix it.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If it is accessible -- time for a heli-coil.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information