lt1 to lsx

This is a discussion on lt1 to lsx within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; okay i have imo i have out grown my 385 lt1. so i think its time for something new like ...

patriot sunfire red
    1995 camaro z/28

lt1 to lsx

okay i have imo i have out grown my 385 lt1. so i think its time for something new like a lsx. i'm not giving up the spray lol anyway how big of a bitch is this swap. also is there anyway i can keep my lt1 6 speed and street twin clutch. i have to much in them to just let them sit. preston /drew i know wingnut/ brian did this but i lost touch with him

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Its a PIA, buy an 98-02 LS1 Camaro and save yourself a ton of headaches.

patriot sunfire red
    1995 camaro z/28

sure P would you like jeri to send you my decapitated head. i have spent to much to start over. plus i'm sitting on a lq9

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the bell housings on the tranny are different I know but not much past that. Your gauges and what not would be another issue. Your best bet is to find someone that's done the swap and learn from their mistakes. People put lsx motors in just about everything so it can be done....just a matter of how much work is in front of you.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I am thinking you have to change the fuel system as well. It can be done Mike, but its pretty in depth and costly. I really think you would be better off financially to find a cheap ls1 fbody and go from there. They have gotten really cheap.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I am thinking you have to change the fuel system as well. It can be done Mike, but its pretty in depth and costly. I really think you would be better off financially to find a cheap ls1 fbody and go from there. They have gotten really cheap.
    yep...you're correct there also.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

New wiring harness and ECM as well.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    New wiring harness and ECM as well.
    there is a lot of plug and play shit out there for these engines these days. That's evolved leaps and bounds over what it was a few years ago. Lots of people cramming these things in lots of different cars.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there is a lot of plug and play shit out there for these engines these days. That's evolved leaps and bounds over what it was a few years ago. Lots of people cramming these things in lots of different cars.
    Very true, just about anything you can think of has had a LSx transplant these days. I want Mike to realize the $$$$$$$ of his potential swap before he shows up at my door step with suitcase and Jeri's boot stamped on his ass and his tramp stamp reads "Never return to sender"

patriot sunfire red
    1995 camaro z/28

okay guess i'll buy the dart shp ltx block that is coming out and go 434 ci. just getting to the end of this car and i don't or should i say jeri doesn't want me to start all over again
    Last edited by faust; 05-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Thread Information