Lt1 383 stroker questions

Hey im new to the F-body world and have some questions. I just pulled the engine out of my 96 TA because it threw a rode. (going 20 miles an hour on an on ramp ) Since the engine is out I feel i should rebuild it, but the plan is to stroke it to a 383. The kit that I am looking at now is the Eagle SBC 383 Stroker. I also want the engine running 11:1 comp. Now my questions are;

What cam should I be using?
    Would it be worth purchasing LT4 heads and I/M?
    Are there any other modification that I need to consider for this setup (fuel etc.)?

Keep in mind besides what I mentioned, Im not looking into purchasing any thing else that is not necessary, only what is required to allow this setup to run well.

Thanks for your help.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by DSM Pimp View Post
    Hey im new to the F-body world and have some questions. I just pulled the engine out of my 96 TA because it threw a rode. (going 20 miles an hour on an on ramp ) Since the engine is out I feel i should rebuild it, but the plan is to stroke it to a 383. The kit that I am looking at now is the Eagle SBC 383 Stroker. I also want the engine running 11:1 comp. Now my questions are;

What cam should I be using?
    Would it be worth purchasing LT4 heads and I/M?
    Are there any other modification that I need to consider for this setup (fuel etc.)?

Keep in mind besides what I mentioned, Im not looking into purchasing any thing else that is not necessary, only what is required to allow this setup to run well.

Thanks for your help.
    Try asking this on the CamaroZ28 forums ( http://web.camaross.com/forums/ ) as they have a stout LT1 section. From my limited experience, I think the LT4 heads/intake aren't worth the money. You will need some bigger injectors and tuning for sure...

thanks ill try posting there. I was reading around and noticed another 383 with cams had 40 lb injectos. Would a betterfuel pump be needed to keep up with that?

One thing I like about the LT4 heads is that they red line at 6300.
    Last edited by DSM Pimp; 06-02-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Lloyd Elliot makes some stoud heads. Makes the LT4 heads look like poop.
    They might also have some good info on cams for your application.
    Golen Engines also makes a bunch of different 383 LT1's and LT4's, you may want to look at some of their crate engines for ideas or contact them to pick their brains a little.

yea actually some one mentioned elliott to me and im probably going to purchase one of his heads. Im not sure what im going to do about a cam yet though. I was thinking about asking the guys at that shop what they recommend

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

when you stroke it you should get the heads and intake port and polished and then get a 58mm throttle body, if you get a valve job get the numbers and geta cam that matches i forget which company makes cams to match but i am sure someone on here knows where to look

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

sbc also has a kit to stroke it to a 397 if you wanna look at that. i wouldnt worry about lt4 heads just get yours worked and if you get the 383 kit and then bore it 40 over that makes it like a 406ci

Thread Information