Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

lsx vs ls1-7

This is a discussion on lsx vs ls1-7 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well he is either talking about the lsx family or the lsx block. i wouldnt compare the lsx family against ...

white
    2000 Z28

well he is either talking about the lsx family or the lsx block. i wouldnt compare the lsx family against an ls1/2/4/6/7. and the link that was posted had the lsx block in it, just a block not a short block but just a bare block with info on what it will fit in it. that is what i gathered at least. if that is not what the venturait means then can you clear it up a bit please.

soon to be porsche 944lsx

i always thought lsx meant any ls(whatever) engine, but it seems it might be a particular brand (see that link)?

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by venturait View Post
    i always thought lsx meant any ls(whatever) engine, but it seems it might be a particular brand (see that link)?
    not a brand, it is just a block family name. it can mean ls(insert blank) but it can also refer to just a bare block which can be molded to any pre-existing ls(insert blank) motor with the right pieces installed or if you decide to go away from a proven path, you can add a plethora of different motor pieces making it your very own creation but it would be called an lsx block not specifically an ls(insert blank). its all has to do with how much money you have and what you would like to do with it.

soon to be porsche 944lsx

the links says

Dream bigger.!
    Because the new GM Performance Parts LSX takes the LS-series V8 to the ultimate extreme. Shaped from 50-plus years of V8 know-how and refined with the speed secrets of Warren "The Professor" Johnson, the LSX block was engineered to handle up to 2,500 horsepower, all for a price that will have the rest of the world wondering how we did it. Build your dream with LSX.
    that makes it seem like the lsx was developed by warren johnson...

anyway how much heavier is an iron block compared to a aluminum block?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by venturait View Post
    the links says

that makes it seem like the lsx was developed by warren johnson...

anyway how much heavier is an iron block compared to a aluminum block?
    if I remember right its about 85lbs heavier in iron

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

he is refering to the bowtie block.

the lsx block was designed to hold any ls(x)head combo. Also its a big beesh and can be bored etc to 500ci ..the bad thing about the lsX block is that the intake and heads limit it..ls7 valve train is not the best and the intake manifold will eventually choke the LSX engine out if the Ci's are raised. try to get a ls3 create engine....amazing heads and internals and with some work can be a 500+ rwhp monster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information