Hugger Orange
    1969 Camaro SS

LS7 install problems (computer)

Hey guys... new to this forum. I was asked to help one of my dad's customers so I figured this would be the best forum to ask.

On with the problem...

My dad runs a GM dealership and he had a customer buy a new LS7 complete with the computer and everything to put in his Corvette (Custom 53 with tube frame and 03 Z06 suspension and LS6) The problem he has is that there is some sort of security built into the computer. What are his options to get it to run?

Hugger Orange
    1969 Camaro SS

anyone?

your dad sells these and is a gm dealer,but his techs don't know?without really digging into everything i can't exactly say what you need. it sounds like you need a square wave form generator signal to feed into the pcm so it enables fuel.but i'm guessing without knowing exactly what computer setup gm sent with the motor.can you post some info about it?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

A factory computer not sold for transplant type applications would still have the Pass-Key security system in it for example. It would need to be reprogrammed out,find a speed shop that has that capability,you'll need their help tuning that beast after your done anyway. Sounds like an awesome car!

Hugger Orange
    1969 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    A factory computer not sold for transplant type applications would still have the Pass-Key security system in it for example. It would need to be reprogrammed out,find a speed shop that has that capability,you'll need their help tuning that beast after your done anyway. Sounds like an awesome car!
    I was guessing it was something like that. I just saw that speed inc. has programming capabilities for the LS7 now. Since I am in eastern Iowa and they are from Illinois I am going to see if they can do it. I will have him send me some pictures when it is finished and post them on here. It is an amazing car.. he also has a tube framed '67? grand sport replica vette with a ZZ4 crate engine & C5 suspension, an all original '69 427 convertible vette, a all original '53 vette, an all original '69 Z28 Camaro, and a new GTO. Pretty nice collection.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Hey-just spotted something in the latest GM High Yech Performance magazine March 06). It's an aftermarket wiring harness and computer for the LS7. See pg.51 or they have a website of their product on-www.hotrodlane.cc "Street and Performance" 479-394-5711--that would be another solution to his problem.

Thread Information