PEWTER
    2001 SS

ls6 valley cover

hi all,

ill soon be upgrading my pcv system on my 2000 z28 and wanted to know what else would i need besides the ls6 valley cover and knock sensors along with harness to complete this mod?? thanks in advance.

silver
    2000 formula

the hose from the VC to the intake...a catch can if you so desire...thats about it.....did you check out the LS6 VC sticky?.......oh....and spare OPSU just in case

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

is your car 2000 or 2001? the avatar says 2001. The reason i ask is a 2000 might need the coolant bypass lines if you don't have a LS6 intake.

PEWTER
    2001 SS

Its my 2nd 2000 just bought recently. By anychance do u have the number of the hose and no havnt seen the sticky. Thx
    Last edited by tangkiller_z28; 07-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tangkiller_z28 View Post
    Its my 2nd 2000 just bought recently. By anychance do u have the number of the hose and no havnt seen the sticky. Thx
    Here is the sticky:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...-cover-in-pics

i think the hose is: 12594779 but make sure before you order. i'm sure someone can confirm the part number.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 07-11-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I just used 3/8 hose from my local parts dealer.

I got about 3ft so I could make sure I had enough hose. Cost about $2

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

be really careful of the OPSU when you go to move the intake, the big vaccume hose that goes to the brake booster is routed behind it and even though I was super careful mine was so brittle that when I reached back to disconnect everything it snapped off in my hand, and no one has one in stock anywhere, so expect it to take a day or 2 to get one if it breaks. and then you need to find a socket/wrench to fit it, standard deepwell isn't deep enough. most auto parts shops have the socket on the shelf for like $10 it's 1-1/16".

you running a LS6 intake or still a LS1?

Personally I kept LS1 valley cover, switched to the newer Knock sensors, soldered/spliced them into the existing harness, kept the LS1 coolant crossover lines under my new LS6 intake with the ribs trimmed off. Ran all new PCV hose using the old existing valve into a catch can (oil seperator).

If anyone want's more info or pictures I have a bunch, feel free to ask.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmX2 View Post
    be really careful of the OPSU when you go to move the intake, the big vaccume hose that goes to the brake booster is routed behind it and even though I was super careful mine was so brittle that when I reached back to disconnect everything it snapped off in my hand, and no one has one in stock anywhere, so expect it to take a day or 2 to get one if it breaks. and then you need to find a socket/wrench to fit it, standard deepwell isn't deep enough. most auto parts shops have the socket on the shelf for like $10 it's 1-1/16".

you running a LS6 intake or still a LS1?

Personally I kept LS1 valley cover, switched to the newer Knock sensors, soldered/spliced them into the existing harness, kept the LS1 coolant crossover lines under my new LS6 intake with the ribs trimmed off. Ran all new PCV hose using the old existing valve into a catch can (oil seperator).

If anyone want's more info or pictures I have a bunch, feel free to ask.

Do not splice wire harness if upgrading to 99-02 wire harness. It only cost $35. If you splice or solder wrong you end up buying a new harness and doing the work twice.

Also look into some high temp tape that can hold your wire harness in place when you re-install the intake. It can get moved around easy and get pinch between the heads and the intake.

Thread Information