LS6 on LS1

This is a discussion on LS6 on LS1 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Does anyone know if the later LS1 motors had any LS6 parts other than the intake manifold? I also know ...

Sunset Orange Metallic-M6
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

LS6 on LS1

Does anyone know if the later LS1 motors had any LS6 parts other than the intake manifold? I also know that the LS6 block was used for F-bodies, but im unsure about when they were used. I heard some of the LS1's eventually had LS6 heads, and maybe some other parts? Does anyone know about this?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tav8ws6 View Post
    Does anyone know if the later LS1 motors had any LS6 parts other than the intake manifold? I also know that the LS6 block was used for F-bodies, but im unsure about when they were used. I heard some of the LS1's eventually had LS6 heads, and maybe some other parts? Does anyone know about this?
    Around 10-15% of the 2001 LS1 fbods have the LS6 block and 25% of the 2002 fbods have the LS6 block. The LS6 block has a cast # of 12561168 on the driver side deck above the tranny flange.

There have been some claims of 2002 models having 243 casting heads, which are LS6 heads, but not very widely spread.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information