Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Ls6 in, idle issues

Got my car back with my new LS6 in, and the first time I started it up it would barely idle. I had to give it a little gas now and then to keep it running. I figured this is the computer trying to learn wtf is going on. Thing is it keeps doing it. It happened several times but then I drove it for a while and when I started it back it fired up and idled no problem. Started fine a couple times then went to start it to let my dad hear it and it wouldnt even turn over for two tries then the rough idle again for a couple minutes. Is it still just trying to learn or could it be something else? I currently have a predator tune in it for the ls1, could this be hampering it? should I have the pcm flashed?
    LS6 Engine swap, Custom Predator Tune, Lid, SLP Cold Air, Ram Air H.O. Hood, Hooker Long Tubes, !Cats, 3" True Duals w/Dynomax Bullets, Performabuilt stage 2 w/3600 stall, B&M Trans. Cooler, Moser 12 Bolt w/ 3.73's

Pics of my car
    http://community.webshots.com/user/demonspeed_ta

Black
    2000 WS6

Is it a complete LS6 or just the LS6 intake?

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

PCM should have learned by now. How does it run when you normally drive it. There are a number of things. Do you have a check engine light on? Do you have a big cam or anything in there? was the engine timed right when the cam was installed. Are you dumping fuel or is it running lean. If there is a check engine light, check it for codes. If there is a MAF, ECT, IAC, or TPS problem, check your sensors. Did you try reprogramming it with the predator after the install? Try cracking the throttle body slightly while your dad cranks it. If it fires, you might have to play with the idle screw or the idle air control valve is shot. Check for vacuum leaks also. But first and foremost, if you have a check engine light, check for codes first

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Its a complete ls6. I dont have a big cam or anything, just had new ls6 installed. yeah i got a ses light, I got po4o5 EGR Sensor A circuit low. the egr configuration for an ls6 is different from an ls1 isnt it? it seems to run good when I normally drive it, but ive never driven an ls6 and dont know if I should have more power or not. But as far as everything goes it runs smooth.
    Last edited by DemonSpeed; 06-25-2008 at 07:21 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DemonSpeed View Post
    Its a complete ls6. I dont have a big cam or anything, just had new ls6 installed. yeah i got a ses light, I got po4o5 EGR Sensor A circuit low. the egr configuration for an ls6 is different from an ls1 isnt it? it seems to run good when I normally drive it, but ive never driven an ls6 and dont know if I should have more power or not. But as far as everything goes it runs smooth.

uh oh... you did do the egr block off i hope...

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

i dont know, took it to a shop for the install. They welded closed a port on my long tubes. what do I look for?

Thread Information