ls2 -vs- ls6 manifolds. please help

This is a discussion on ls2 -vs- ls6 manifolds. please help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; [B]i was recently scumbagged this summer by a piece of shit at the englishtown,nj swap meet.. i guess its my ...

black
    2000 camaro z28

ls2 -vs- ls6 manifolds. please help

[B]i was recently scumbagged this summer by a piece of shit at the englishtown,nj swap meet.. i guess its my own fault.. he was selling an ls2 intake manifold as an ls6...at the time i couldnt tell the difference by sight (i can now but too late) i also didnt know the part number of each or i would have blown this guy up at that time... none the less i bought it for 225$ thinking it was an ls6..its not it is an ls2 part number 12589181.. so a couple of questions... 1.is it worth even putting the ls2 on? 2. will i even feel a difference over my ls1 manifold? 3. how much better is the ls6?.. please help ..thanks

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I have heard the LS2 intake doesnt perform as well as one would think, I have heard it is comparable to stock LS1 intake. But then again it is all hearsay. Dont forget if you install you will need 90mm TB. LS6 manifold is good for 10-20rwhp over LS1 on average depending on your set-up.

black
    2000 camaro z28

will i need a 90mm with a ls6?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
    will i need a 90mm with a ls6?
    no, the stock tb fits in the LS6. And as far as power gains the LS2 is an improvement over the LS1, but the LS6 is better than the LS2. I would wait and get the LS6. You will probably get 2x the gains from the LS6 than you will the LS2.

Thread Information