LS1 upper engine noise

This is a discussion on LS1 upper engine noise within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 2002 ls1 corvette engine with 0 miles installed in a 1994 chev sportside 1500. II presently have ...

blue/beige
    1994 chev sportside

LS1 upper engine noise

I have a 2002 ls1 corvette engine with 0 miles installed in a 1994 chev sportside 1500. II presently have 4000 miles on engine. The engine runs great but there a upper engine noise that comes and goes and every thing I try does not help I've used STP did not change at all.! I use 10w40 Havoline with STP first 3000. I'm currently using mobil 5w40 nochage at all.The sound to me is a lifter but I have always been able to stop in older cars. Is this a problem with these engines or is there a sollution.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Geezus dude! Get that freaking STP out of there!
    This isn't a '63 Ford Falcon 6 Cylinder!

You should be running 5W30!

the noise is normal,forget about it and drive it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I would have rather you said "I shit in my crankcase" than " I put STP in it"....
    LS1's are noisy...it all good....flush that shit out of there.....quickly...
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I would have rather you said "I shit in my crankcase" than " I put STP in it"....
    LS1's are noisy...it all good....flush that shit out of there.....quickly...

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

0 miles-what kind of break-in on the new cam did you do? GM makes an additive for new engines that is great for this kind of thing-STP and 5W-40? Not for me in a new engine.

blue/beige
    1994 chev sportside

Beatup HE guys let up will you.? I requested info not smartass remarks

.If you had read corectly you would have known that I have no longer have anything in the engine but oil.!!!!!! So if anyone has any other smartass remarks keep them to yourself . all I ask was for some help not what type of additive I should or shouldn't use

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by hgsaint View Post
    .If you had read corectly you would have known that I have no longer have anything in the engine but oil.!!!!!! So if anyone has any other smartass remarks keep them to yourself . all I ask was for some help not what type of additive I should or shouldn't use
    Geezus dude, you got 5 responses before you posted this & 3 of them TOLD you what you needed to know
    I think Myself, Sarge, & 02z28ls1 read correctly

I think you might be a bit too sensitive

Welcome to the forum

blue/beige
    1994 chev sportside

Smile

Thanks for everyones help on engine noise.I'm not use to noisy engines and thought I had more of a problem than I have .I have been working on this ls1 transplant for sometime and I was a little disappointed when I started hearing noises that I have spent a live time trying to prevent. Engine runs great and A heak of a lot better than the two hundred hoss that I've replaced . Once I get to know you'll better, maybe I won't be so sensative.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by hgsaint View Post
    Thanks for everyones help on engine noise.I'm not use to noisy engines and thought I had more of a problem than I have .I have been working on this ls1 transplant for sometime and I was a little disappointed when I started hearing noises that I have spent a live time trying to prevent. Engine runs great and A heak of a lot better than the two hundred hoss that I've replaced . Once I get to know you'll better, maybe I won't be so sensative.
    Cool!
    Glad to have you aboard!

Hell you oughta see me & Sarge when we aren't on our meds!
    REAL SENSITIVE!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

first off relax on the comments that;s just how it is here till you get to know us. secondly check all your push rods, and rockers. i hasd the same problem and checked them all. know i have a blown motor. so i an partcial to the "just drive it thing" also check/ change the oil try 20w 50 that's what i was running. change the oil to the 20 50 and get back to use. also what side?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    first off relax on the comments that;s just how it is here till you get to know us. secondly check all your push rods, and rockers. i hasd the same problem and checked them all. know i have a blown motor. so i an partcial to the "just drive it thing" also check/ change the oil try 20w 50 that's what i was running. change the oil to the 20 50 and get back to use. also what side?
    Why would you run 20W50 when these engines call for 5W30??

blue/beige
    1994 chev sportside

Thanks for the suggestion . I had a similiar one from Southern performance at Pigeon Forge a couple weeks back . the problem is only one the driver side.

Thread Information