Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LS1 top speed??

boostinAE86

LS1 top speed??

what is the top speed of a ls1 auto firebird??? i really dont know the year of it but i really need to know. thanks for ur help.

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Trans Am

I could be wrong, I'm going off sheer memory here, but I believe if your car was factory equipped with 235 tires, then your limited around 120mph or so, and if your car came with 245's, then you are limited at around 162mph, there may be other factors as well, hopefuly someone with a bit more knowledge than myself will post

boostinAE86
    well the deal is this kid wants to run my buddys modded 2005 SRT-4 and im trying to get all kinda info so can get the edge on him. but thanks for ur info any more would be a big help

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Top speed doesn't win races.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

yes-the auto tranny cars have a top speed limiter that can be modified rather easily.I've seen a stock engined car run 171 mph or so in a top speed contest on one of those legally sanctioned highway races.I know that my car ran 145 one night easily-had a BMW that thought he could run with me and just had to prove him wrong, he lost interest around 125.My car is a 6 speed though.

boostinAE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
    Top speed doesn't win races.
    i know that , im not some little rookie racer... im just trying to see what kind of mph roll we can go from..i dont want him using that his car shut off for an excuse for y he lost to a neon.. the guys always talk crap about that car so i guess its time to show them what 18 psi does... wish me luck

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

why dont you share with us what is done to the "neon" its gonna take a little more than added boost to beat a LS1 especially on the highway, ls1's are highway monsters
    top speed is around 165 mph GOVERNED
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by boostinAE86
    i know that , im not some little rookie racer... im just trying to see what kind of mph roll we can go from..i dont want him using that his car shut off for an excuse for y he lost to a neon.. the guys always talk crap about that car so i guess its time to show them what 18 psi does... wish me luck
    LOL, 18 psi or not man I dont think you wanna run this guy from a roll. You may think you have the edge in a 5 speed over an auto but you are talking 4 banger vs a car that is built for high speeds. Every SRT-4 I have ever run against just accelerates horribly after 90. So go ahead and run em from a high speed

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

even a mustang guy I just talked to agrees with me, and come on man thats a mustang guy...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by boostinAE86
    wish me luck
    You are going to need it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

yep, neons best range is about 15-90

Ls1 best range is about 25-140

you don't need luck, you need a miracle

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Haha its not exactly the best thing to come to a site like this and say how some 'modded' srt-4 wants to run with an LS1. Like stated above, you will need a miracle. I had a buddy who had 15 psi in some newer eclipse and he thought for sure that although I ate him alive from a stop, he would kill me from a roll...well we started at about 15 mph, and...yeah he needed a lot more boost, lets put it that way. If you wanna win races with an srt-4, go race a toyota camry, IF you win come back here and talk to us

Silver
    2002 Z28

I gotta agree with sketterman, what were you expecting from an ls1 site? Encouraging words stating that an srt-4 would smoke an ls1? I know a guy that runs low 10's in his Srt, so I understand that it's possible, but if it doesn't have the stage 3 upgrade and boosted to hell, even a stock ls1 will do the job. Maybe you remember the big talk about how Srt-4's were Camaro Killers (this was press talk upon their release)...Well that was talking about the Stage 3 Srt-4...against the Lt1. Feel free to correct all of us by telling us what's on the dodge. Just me .02

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Camaro killers? Yeah, the base V6 Camaros...in stock form.

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

A kid at my school with an SRT-4 thought he could take a bone stock 02 Z28 from a stop, yeah he got slapped upside the head with more rear wheel torque then his car makes at the flywheel. Funny thing was that the deal was if he lost he had to remove his sticker that read "more horsepower than a V8". Needless to say he was cryin after the race when the Camaro guy was talking shit and told him to take his sticker off. These 4-banger turbo guys forget you need torque also, not just hp.

9sec302
    Agreed........New to this site guys, I own a 93' Coupe, but easy on the insults, lol. No really, I've owned Camaros and I like Ford and Chevrolet, hell...........they are both american.

Anyways, most import guys want to run 18psi vs. a stock V8 which IMO is kind of odd, but once you add nitrous to your car or a power adder, they don't want to run anymore.

boostinAE86
    lol i came here for basic info not to talk crap but the srt4 has k&n drop in, bdj dump exhaust with no cat no nothing, mds race wires, ngk plugs, wga, boost control, greddy type s bov, hard upp pipe, huge fmic, intercooler spray, perrin bop, ect....

and by the way goodz/badz the srt makes more tq then hp till u get over 450 hp then hp numbers are better.. most of the time its like that. this isnt a honda....

and i have yet to see him get beat by a V8 camaro.. raced about 3 of them and they all lost and we r not even going to talk about the mustangs. Same with the the 05 mustangs they have all fallen to him.... and i didnt come on this site and think that u guys were going to say the srt was going to win just came on here to ask about the top speed.. i didnt ask who was going to win in the post now did i.... ill have the video tape with me and ill upload it and let u guys see.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

that belongs in a different section at that point -see street racing below.

f**k fords die dodges

black
    2001 pontiac transam

look i went out after my buddy who has an srt 4 and he has an upgraded tubo intercooler, that crap and from 30mph launch i spun and still got the jump and from that it was just no fun srt4s are quick when dealing with hondas and sunfires, but seriously stay within your league and f bodys are way out of your league. i have had my car up to 187mph. (legally) and ive never seen any kind of neon go over about 120mph. go home while you still have some dignity

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

What kind of mods do you have to that 01? Thats impressive top speed!

Thread Information