Primer Black
    1994 Supra

LS1 preperation help

I'm getting prepared to put this LS1 into my supra and i have a few questions before i put it in.. I've already inspected the whole engine, pistons, cylinder walls, the whole 9 yards everything was great!... is their anything i should do to ensure longevity?? do you reccomend any better parts??
    Last edited by ATyler; 11-16-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Change the bearings, get an ls6 oil pump, new rod bolts. my .02

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

If you pulled the heads or rods change the bolts. The factory are torque to yeild, only good for one time.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what year is the ls1?

Primer Black
    1994 Supra

thanks guys.. the ls1 is from an 02 vette, yeah i got new ARP bolts.. i did change the bearings.. whats the difference between an LS6 water pump and my LS1 waterpump.. also i was thinking of adding an engine oil cooler and some electric fans for radiator and cooler.. also since this is a swap i'll be doing a different air intake, headers, exhaust.. around how much power did the stock ls1 produce in the c5.. i've heard 290-370 i have no clue but i know what their capable of from my dads garage.. and if anyone had to recommend a cam what would they recommend keeping in mine the engine is going to be nearly stock on the inside.. i've got $1500 to spend on various components (long story short wife)

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ATyler View Post
    thanks guys.. the ls1 is from an 02 vette, yeah i got new ARP bolts.. i did change the bearings.. whats the difference between an LS6 water pump and my LS1 waterpump.. also i was thinking of adding an engine oil cooler and some electric fans for radiator and cooler.. also since this is a swap i'll be doing a different air intake, headers, exhaust.. around how much power did the stock ls1 produce in the c5.. i've heard 290-370 i have no clue but i know what their capable of from my dads garage.. and if anyone had to recommend a cam what would they recommend keeping in mine the engine is going to be nearly stock on the inside.. i've got $1500 to spend on various components (long story short wife)
    Don't worry about the water pump, its the oil pump that you should change to the LS6. The LS1 oil pump is fine, but its just a good idea to change to the LS6 while you have it out, since its a better unit and its more reliable.

Primer Black
    1994 Supra

oil pump sorry i meant that i was just tired i worked 14 hours today with a 21 year old know it all standing over my shoulder (inventor)

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Definitely oil pump, but if you got the money I would want to go the whole 9 yards right off the bat before even putting the engine in. I'm talking like cam and internals. Dont want to have to pull the engine again when youre looking for more power (or maybe forced induction) down the road.

Just throwing it out there....dont really know your plans for the car

Thread Information