Black/Sunset Pearl
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Exclamation LS1 motor swap into a 94 camaro body ?'s

I am currently turning a 94 camaro into a 99 camaro and I have few questions, first off when swapping the front end over is it all bolt up or do I need to change the rad support as well...my 99 camaro got hit really hard cause some jacka$$ ran a red-light. Second questions is a friend told me I will have to have a different intake for it...I am putting my slp hood that was on the 99 on the 94 will that work also...I want the hood to be ram air functional if possible....someone please help me! This is my situation I have a complete 99 ls1 camaro and wanting to drop it in a empty 94 body shell I am wanting to make 94 look exactly like a 99 camaro, I have googled and search tons of forum sites someone please give me a heads up on what I'm getting into...I kno someone out there has done but I am having no luck finding any info!!!!
    Last edited by matt_ls1_camaro; 03-27-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Giving more details about my situation

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If I recall, what you want to do can be done. I believe there are members here who have done the LSx swap and 99/02 front clip conversion. You will need the PCM for the new motor along with the harnesses in order for the LSx to fire up and run normally.

Black/Sunset Pearl

I've tried to search and find anything about doing the front clip swap but not having much luck....and I a complete 99 camaro ls1 do I'm just gonna swap everything over into the 94 body...any advice how to search for the front clip swap on here?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

for the money involved you'd be better off buying another LS1 camaro...

Black/Sunset Pearl

Well I definitely appreciate everyone's input on it...from all research I've done all I've seen is people talk about saving money...so here is what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna take pictures and include what all I did and had to be done and include how much money was spent...from my knowledge of being a body man this doesn't look to exspensive just a little hard work...but I'm not much of a mechanic so am having to pay a buddy to swap everything over...anyways I'll post some pics and we see how it goes, may take a few extra weeks my car is about 60 miles on way from where I live so it will definite be a weekender!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by matt_ls1_camaro View Post
    Well I definitely appreciate everyone's input on it...from all research I've done all I've seen is people talk about saving money...so here is what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna take pictures and include what all I did and had to be done and include how much money was spent...from my knowledge of being a body man this doesn't look to exspensive just a little hard work...but I'm not much of a mechanic so am having to pay a buddy to swap everything over...anyways I'll post some pics and we see how it goes, may take a few extra weeks my car is about 60 miles on way from where I live so it will definite be a weekender!

keep us updated!!!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by matt_ls1_camaro View Post
    Sounds like a fun project. I'm looking forward to the writeup!! Maybe we'll make a sticky out of it.

orange w/black accents
    1999 Z-28 camaro

94 99 swap

let u know i have done it recently. every thing will bolt up, just the holes in the raditor support , u have to tap treads in them. other than that u good. hit me later show pics.

Thread Information