Thread: Ls1 To Ls6?

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Ls1 To Ls6?

Is going from ls1 to ls6 conversion better choice if i plan on supercharging car? Was told it will handle more horsepower and would be worth upgrading from the factory ls1. Im looking at a vortech supercharger. Input would be appreicated!

Thank You

P.S. Questions on Car Audio i can help with, thats what i do for living!

Awaiting Activation
    are you saying you are going to swap out your LS1 for a LS6??? Don't do that - you will gain about 40-50rwhp for several thousand dollars. The LS6 block is no better. The engine is basically a LS1 with better flowing heads and a bigger cam - but barely. It would be cheaper to put heads/cam on your LS1 and make more power too.

If you have your heart set on a new engine and forced induction then i would get a aluminum block 402 or a iron block 408 and throw F.I. on that.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    are you saying you are going to swap out your LS1 for a LS6??? Don't do that - you will gain about 40-50rwhp for several thousand dollars. The LS6 block is no better. The engine is basically a LS1 with better flowing heads and a bigger cam - but barely. It would be cheaper to put heads/cam on your LS1 and make more power too.

If you have your heart set on a new engine and forced induction then i would get a aluminum block 402 or a iron block 408 and throw F.I. on that.
    sorry wasnt specific i meant heads/cam swap they make a kit for it.......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...it is worth it. Torque is your friend
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    sorry wasnt specific i meant heads/cam swap they make a kit for it.......
    It's not worth it...there's better heads/cam packages out there for the same amount of money or cheaper. Plus since you wanna go FI you'll see better gains with a blower spec cam.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    It's not worth it...there's better heads/cam packages out there for the same amount of money or cheaper. Plus since you wanna go FI you'll see better gains with a blower spec cam.
    Thanx wasnt to sure about it so thought i would ask before i spent my hard earned money on it....

Pewter
    2000 WS6 A4

I am thinking about doing the LS6 conversion. If you shop around you can get all the parts for cheap. Talk to the gto guys, lots of them are dumping their stock heads (243 casting), and intakes (Ls6)... This is where I'm getting all of my parts.

The reason I'm going this route is, I want to retain a stock sound, and driving manners. Plus, Like I said if you shop, the parts are out there...

Just my.02

i like genuine gm parts i did ls6 heads box stock, a cartek stock like cam M i think they call it and kooks LT.. im doing 400 rw hp and 400 rwt....it was tuned on a dyno....yea a nice increase in the motor torque would def go nicely w a blower

black
    2002 camaro ss

anyone looking for a set of ls6 (243) casting heads cheap was asking $700 obo let me know also have ls6 intake asking $285 obo and a shaner s3 Tb asking 140 obo let me know if anyone interested

black
    2002 camaro ss

the heads are brand new fully assembled never used

Thread Information