Black
    1933 Ford Coupe

LS1 fuel schematic

I'm trying to put a '99 Camaro LS1 in a '33 Ford. I'm having trouble decifering all of the fuel components. I have the stock fuel pump from the Camaro which has three ports coming out of it. One goes to the main fuel rail which seems to have a regulator on it. Where do the other two go? I understand there is no return line on the '99. Is that correct? On the engine next to the main fuel line there is another fuel line that has a green cap saying no more than 1 lb. press. What does that line do? And last there is a hard line sticking out under the throttle body What does that do?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

let me try to explain things.no 1 the fuel pres reg is in the fuel pump assembly.no 2 the thing you see on the fuel rail that looks like a reg is really a pulsator,its job is to absorb the shock wave that moves through the fuel rail every time a injector opens and closes.no 3 the line you see with the 1 lb rating is for the emission purge system.this system collects fuel vapors and stores them in a charcoal canister,then while you drive the purge valve opens delivering the vapors to be burnt in ther engine through that line.The engine managment computer does a test to check this system,if it doesn't see pressure in the tank it assumes the system is open to atmoshprere and turns on the check engine light.
    Lets move on to the connections you see at the fuel pump assembly.one is the main fuel supply that on the 99 camaro went to the fuel filter,from there the fuel went to a TEE from the TEE one line went forward to supply the fuel rail and the other line runs back into the fuel pump assembly to the fuel pres reg in the pump assembly.the third line is for the purge canister system.

The hard line is most likely the pcv intake air line,if you take some pictures i can tell you definatly what it is.

Also if you plan on using the stock computer without having it reprogramed you will need the antithieft system from the 99 camaro and i believe the body control module,otherwise the computer will not enable the fuel.Look at the schematic below carefully,the bcm supplies a square wave form at start up.The computer sees this signal and THEN enables the fuel pump and injectors.noway around it unless you get someone to tune it out of the computers program.I hope this info helps.by the way the bcm and engine computer are married to the vin and this includes the antitheft key value.so you must have ALL the orignial parts to get the computer to turn on.

one more thing i'm not sure of but you may want to look into is the need for the gauge pod that goes in the dash,from what i understand it is the hub that controls the entire system.BUT THIS I:M NOT SURE OF as i've never done a swap.Just info i've seen on the system working on it.
    Last edited by Rivi; 04-07-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Black
    1933 Ford Coupe

Thank you for the reply. I will get some pictures and try to post them soon.

Thread Information