blu
    1997 240sx

LS1 cranks, fuel pressure is up, ignitors are up 'n running but doesn't start! HELP!

Hello. Glad to post here on LS1.com. Thought you guys might know the answer being an ls1 only forum 'n all. Here's the issue.

I'm currently doing the s14 swap with a 2000 camaro SS LS1 motor. It's using the Camaro original harness with all the necessary plugs. The ignitors are firing, the fuel pressure it up and the fuel pump is running, the engine turns but fails to remain on. I've been told by the shop that the ignitors and fuel feed aren't sycronized, and the MAF sensor could be damaged. Does anyone have any experience with this or have suggestions? I'd like to get my car up and running asap.

Here's a picture of my car...

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

wow, there are alot of possiblities, not questioning your work but whats up with all the cut wires on the harness? How did you check spark and fuel pressure? did you check the pressure at the rail? What condition was the engine in befor you instailed it? Are all the grounds hooked up, Do you have a diagnostic port? You maf being messed up will make the car run like poo but should still start. Will it just crank or will it crank and run? What type of fuel pump are you running? Are you lines hooked up correctly? If the engine was complete when you received it and running fine then i would say its somewhere in your wiring or fuel. Im not sure what they mean by your fuel and spark not being lined up. Did you crack or loose any sensors while instailing?
    Just some info so i can try and help get u on ur way
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro SS

You should put this on LS1Tech.com

However there are many possibilities.. My though is that is a fuel issue only.. Try to disconnect the MAF and fire it.. Idle Air might be too low open the throttle blade a little.. Is this a stock LS1 and Stock LS1 programming? Need more info to provide better answers.. If you know the injectors are fireing. Also the fuel pressure needs to be a 58 to 60 psi constant. My guess is that it fires, then one of the sonsors are telling the VCM to pull fuel then is leans you out, engine dies..

CLint

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    wow, there are alot of possiblities, not questioning your work but whats up with all the cut wires on the harness? J
    Sunset Orange.. He's putting a LS1 motor in a skyline.. There's bound to be a little wire cutting and splicing here and there..

blu
    1997 240sx

Hey thanks for the replies. I was told the motor does indeed have power to the ignitors but the fuel injectors might be clogged. I'm going to test them with a noid tester and see if they get the power. If they are getting the power then it is the injectors in which cause I'll replace. Otherwise it could be the wiring. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!

Btw it's a 240sx 1997.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
    Hey thanks for the replies. I was told the motor does indeed have power to the ignitors but the fuel injectors might be clogged. I'm going to test them with a noid tester and see if they get the power. If they are getting the power then it is the injectors in which cause I'll replace. Otherwise it could be the wiring. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!

Btw it's a 240sx 1997.
    you driftin son of a bitch....
    good luck man, and post pics when your done, i love this freakshow kind of shit. takes alot of skill!!!

Thread Information