Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

LS1 bucks and skips in high gear

I have an 02SS Camaro that has problem skiping and bucking when you put it in 6th gear. I know it sounds crazy but this problem just started last time out with the car with no previous warning. The odd thing is my friends 01 SS has the same problem and he has been trying to fugure it out for a couple of months. My car is ALL STOCK no tuning or any aftermarket parts and it has 25k miles. My friends car has had new plugs, wires, oxygen sensors, filters and coils. Both cars are almost undrivable in high gear BUT you can lug the motor down in a lower gear with no problem. Full throttle through the first three gears is great...never would think there was a problem. This is driving us crazy anybody have any ideas?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I do know that the one time I had the symptoms you describe, I had recently change the tranny in my probe, and the cause was that I had not re-filled the tranny with fluid. Good place to start...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Check your plug wires and make sure they all click at the coils and plugs. Also, just for peace of mind, inspect your engine mounts. I know my car used to buck in lower gears and I found one of my plug wires dangling off the corresponding plug. Re-connected and all is peachy. I also replaced my throttle pos sensor.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Thanks for the ideas, at this point I will try anything. We are getting snow tonight so the car is parked but I will check it out.

Thread Information