Thread: LS1 anybody??

1994 Camaro

LS1 anybody??

wuts up. i am buyin a 1994 camaro v6 3.4 with 200,000 miles on it so lookin to drop a new engine in it but need help findin one that i can offored..how much would an ls1 run 4? pleaze help

Awaiting Activation
    there are always tons for sale on ebay. A good lower mileage engine will run you atleast $2000+

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I did the research!!

I did some background checking on this as I thought I was buying one with a fried engine (ALL MY RESEARCH WAS FOR THE LS1 ENGINE).

Anyways, you are looking to spend approximately $3,500-4500 for the engine and tranny at a salvage yard. I dont think this includes any of the wiring but it does include all the accessories. However, how many miles the car it came out of had is anybody's guess.

I was also told that there aren't many people willing to rebuild these LS1 engines. The cost for a new is approximately $5,600 (for bone stock)...plus $1000 to install. The cost of tranny rebuild (in Sacramento) runs $1400-$1500 installed. New tranny alone runs $1500 before installation.

In my opinion, unless you are willing to spend way over $10K...its just not worth it! You have to change out most of the suspension components, engine, tranny, computer, maybe rear end or at least the gears, etc...etc...etc...this all adds up to a lot of money!!

Throw in a salvage yard v6 into the maro, sell it...then go get yourself a z car or better. That is the cheapest option...unless you know people that can hook you up with all this stuff for near free or very cheap!!

Hope this helps.

1994 Camaro

yes this did help..thanx alot

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

bummer that its so hard.... i was thinkin about it.

sorry to kinda hijack ur thread, but how much cheaper would an lt1 be than the ls1? i would assume alot cheaper since it came in the same car as the car its goin in

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

?

Probably a bit cheaper but not much. You still have the suspension mods and the computer...and maybe tranny. I am no expert but its just not worth it really. Unless you are a good mechanic and have plenty of time to do this. Oh yeah, and have plenty of money.

Since I doubt you have a ton of money like the rest of us...I know I don't have the money to just drop in like that, I would recommend just fixing the V6 and selling it. That is really the most realistic option. Then buy a nice Z or SS, drive it, and enjoy!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Between tuning, computer, wiring, tranny, driveline, and motor...it is cheaper to get an LS1 Camaro/Firebird.

Thread Information