Looking for V8 power

This is a discussion on Looking for V8 power within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a V6 Camaro and Im wanting to swap it for a Ls2. I just want to know is ...

Silver
    2000 Chevy Camaro (V6)

Question Looking for V8 power

I have a V6 Camaro and Im wanting to swap it for a Ls2. I just want to know is it possable and if so, how much would it cost, and what else would need to be done for the swap, and where could I get it done at!! I live in Columbus Ga.
    Last edited by Chevy 4 Life; 06-02-2006 at 01:14 AM.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

What year camaro? To be honest it would probly be cheaper to just go out and buy a ls1 or lt1 camaro or Ta. The swap has been done alot, Im sure if you run a search you will find alot of info. The biggest price comes from gettin the motor and tranny but if you were to find a blown up ls1 car the swap would be alot easier.
    just my op thou
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Silver
    2000 Chevy Camaro (V6)

Thumbs up

It is a 2000, thanks for your op. I might just do that. I mean find a ls1 car in the junk yard with a good engine.

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Check ebay for a B4C - ex Highway patrol Z28. They are cheap and you cna mod it out the wazoo and keep your V6 car as your daily driver

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I noticed you were asking where you could get the work done at. If you're not doing this yourself you're probably better off money wise just selling the car you got and buying a LS powered Camaro to start with.

Silver
    2000 Chevy Camaro (V6)

thanks for u guys help. I will look more into it.

Black
    '97 Base sport

Quote Originally Posted by tomf301
    Check ebay for a B4C - ex Highway patrol Z28. They are cheap and you cna mod it out the wazoo and keep your V6 car as your daily driver
    Sounds like these a fun rides. Only thing is the new front cosmentics look ugly comparred to '97 and before.

1994 POS

i've done this and spent upwards of 8k once i had the engine, trans, suspension, brakes, exhaust, intake, wiring harnesses, computer, ect. It was done right and I used aftermarket suspension stuff. That also didn't include labor

Silver
    2002 Z28

I think everyone with a sixer has thought of doing this, I know I sure did.... But if you keep looking around and gathering costs, I bet you'll change your mind. Like you I didn't have the equipment to do the swap myself, so labor alone was going to be about 2k, plus about 5k on parts, and deep inside you know that it's never going to run as well as a factory setup. I traded the six in and took out a loan for 8k, bought myself a nice Z, I suggest you look into doing the same. And if you're worried about insurance costs, mine only increased $12. Good luck!
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    just sell that car and buy an LS1.. that is the BEST and cheaper way! when you swap and engine to your car, you have to swap a tranny too and some other BS!

Thread Information