LOOKING FOR HP repost

This is a discussion on LOOKING FOR HP repost within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hello all I've had my trans am about 3 years now (99' WS6 black on gray/black 6 speed) and have ...

black
    99 trans am

LOOKING FOR HP repost

Hello all

I've had my trans am about 3 years now (99' WS6 black on gray/black 6 speed) and have loved every minute of it. I recently was handed my ass by an 03 or 04 supercharged cobra and decided I might need a little more umph. I don't know a whole lot about cars which is really sad, but I'm learning and I'm very interested. Any advice on some cheap QUALITY horsepower would be much appreciated. My car is stock other than 60 series flowmaster exhaust, and from what I've read on these forums cams and headers sound like my next move. Help please

black
    1993 Vette

headers would be great if you have any intent to supercharge the car do headers first and dont buy any reworks to your intake since all of it will be replaced by a supercharger
    I also belive that STS makes a single turbo setup for LS1 TAs the power increase isn't much different than a supercharger but the turbo and blowoff valve sound from your engine would be intimidating to any POS mustang
    http://www.ststurbo.com/ls1_camaro
    at 8psi they quote 500 RWHP!! thats more than the ZO6

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

The 03 cobra's are pretty stout. there pushin about 400hp from the factory. Anyhow A cheap easy way too keep up is too spray. If you plan on heads/cam its a lil pricey but a great investment. Keep in mind if you decided too go heads/cam your gonna wanna do supporting mods, ex. Lt's ory, Intake and so forth. Whats your budget look like?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

black
    1993 Vette

spray is cheap and easy but for it to be good in the aforementined contidion driving down the road and the mustang trys to pass you have to have a remote bottle opener or just open it every time you get into the car. also spray is illegal in many states. Not that most of us care about the law, you dont give a car with 300hp more power unless you plan on using it. but in some states I have lived in the cops give you more hell about spray than anything else

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Don't worry about losing to a terminator...they're not called that for nothing. Do all the bolt-ons before a cam...4.10 rear gearing will really get ya moving also. Problem is your rear-end won't last long with a 6 speed putting out 400+rwhp...and that's why once you start modding you never stop

Thread Information