Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

looking for grooved/slotted rotors - any tips on type etc?

This is a discussion on looking for grooved/slotted rotors - any tips on type etc? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Apparently they don't make the cross drilled and slotted for my front brakes.....my 14" z06 rotors. Well that sucks but ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Apparently they don't make the cross drilled and slotted for my front brakes.....my 14" z06 rotors. Well that sucks but the front axle set for them with just being cross drilled are $250, pretty reasonable plus I have a 10% off coupon.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you call them? They're excellent to deal with on the phone and I've even gotten better deals with them over the phone vs through ebay.

Black
    79 Trans Am

Thinking the brake motive set will be a future investment

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    did you call them? They're excellent to deal with on the phone and I've even gotten better deals with them over the phone vs through ebay.
    ^^^^Ditto. Orion is who got me in touch with these people. I took the same advice and called. Got a better deal than anything they were advertising on the internent.

When I can do drilled/slotted and coated rotors with ceramic pads included all the way around the car for $220 and that's shipped to my front door,,,,,I'll do that all day long.
    I can't even touch a decent set of just front pads alone at the local parts store for less than $60.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

It's amazing the money you save with aftermarket parts as opposed to factory.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I got the Brakemotive set for I believe $168 shipped to my door. I don't drive the car a whole lot but no complaints yet.

This maybe a stupid question but how can you tell if you have or about to get a cracked rotor

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Look through the wheels and see if you have any "spider web" cracks around the holes.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

On cracked rotors, whether OEM or aftermarket, you'll feel a pulsation while you lightly press the brake pedal.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    It's amazing the money you save with aftermarket parts as opposed to factory.

Strangely, that is not always the case. The fuel pump assembly for our Suburban was cheaper at the dealership than any of the local parts stores. I priced AC Delco, Bosch and Airtek at the parts stores and the dealership beat them all by almost $60.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Strangely, that is not always the case. The fuel pump assembly for our Suburban was cheaper at the dealership than any of the local parts stores. I priced AC Delco, Bosch and Airtek at the parts stores and the dealership beat them all by almost $60.
    Yeah, definately have to shop around and see what's what. Different areas of the country differ greatly in prices too so what might be cheap here is expensive where you are. Shucks, I can even buy parts on reservation land and save almost 2% in sales tax. Crazy.

In the case of the brakes, I wanted something different because I was having no luck with OEM. Warped rotors 3 times within 100 miles. First 2 sets were warrantied at the dealer when the car was new (car was still under warranty at the time) After that I skipped the dealer and went to Napa and tried their premiuim Raybestos rotors (which mic'd thicker and had more cooling fins per inch than the cheaper china made crap) so I hoped that would be better and spent the extra money. $100 blank rotors and they warped in 60 miles. They warrantied that set and I put that brand new set on the shelf where they still sit today.
    Went to R1 Concepts to try something different. Drilled and slotted seemed to be the key, and since I was changing appearance I did the entire car all the way around. I couldn't be happier now. Been a few years now with no pulsation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information