Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

A little Hick up

Hey guys, just got done with a Ls6 intake swap and Frost retune. I'm noticing a little skip right at 2500 RPM's I also did the coolant bypass. It hick ups right at 2500 then smooths out. Frost said it would take aprox. 100 miles until the PCM relearn's fuel trims and I'm far from that. Any ideas or anything to look for?
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No codes?

The stumble our car had when we bought it was the result of a hacked up MAF. Much like you said, it had a "hickup" in the lower revs, but otherwise ran fine and didn't throw any codes. Is your intake tract secure between the MAF and the throttle body? Throttle body is tight to the intake? PCV hoses all good? No interference between the new intake and the valley pan bolt heads?

Silver

A little Hick up

no codes at all. every bolt torqued to spec, new gaskets, never messed with the maf, hoses from pcv to catch can and into intake tight. cleaned up throttle body with porting wheels didn't take much just smoothed it some. only thing I was thinking was removing coolant line to tb and it was cool out when it was the worst. I'm lost

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Removing that coolant hose shouldn't change anything. Wouldn't hurt to clean the MAF with some CRC Spray MAF Cleaner. If that doesn't resolve the issue, and you can't find anything else, then unplug the MAF and see how it acts. The PCM will default to speed density and the SES will light up, but she'll still run. See if that makes any difference.

Silver

Ok, I have some CRC will give that a shot. Will the SES light go out when I replug the MAF or will I need to have it cleared? If it ever stops raining here maybe I could put some legitimate miles on it to shake things out before I take it to Carlisle..

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You'll have to clear it.

Silver

Thanks Jeff

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than that, only thing I can think of is a vacuum leak somewhere, be it the MAP, throttle body, PCV system... Is the car still running the stock MAF? I know that Frost has to account for any change to the MAF in his tune -- I run a GM replacement on our car (has a plastic housing) and he had to tweak it for me. Do you have access to a scanner where you can see live sensor data?

Silver

Maf is all stock and I went with a Ls6 valley plate so all other ports( valve covers ) were all blocked off with vacuum plugs and only hose from valley plate to catch can and out to intake.
    Good friend has a code reader not sure if it's live feed or not will have to check. I'm thinking I listed valley plate on mods with frost but not sure. Think that would make a difference from eliminating the stock PVC system with the tune?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Shouldn't have an affect on the tune at all -- the engine just breathes through a different path is all.

Silver

I was thinking that as well

Thread Information