Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Limp mode? WTF?

This is a discussion on Limp mode? WTF? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I hope so. It needs a better tune anyway and I planned on getting one. The guy I bought it ...

1971 Ford Torino GT

I hope so. It needs a better tune anyway and I planned on getting one. The guy I bought it from had someone put a tune on it, but I don't know how good a tuner he is, not great I know. I hope the guys at RPM are better.

My question is why did it just randomly do this? I drove it all day for two days straight with no problem then it randomly goes nuts. If it really is the tune then wouldn't it act like this from the start? I have no idea, I'm not really familiar with fuel injection tuning, yet.

this is pretty much just going to keep going round and round. Take your car to get tuned. He'll run into your problem while he's tuning and will let you know what's wrong.

Off the top of my head and not actually being there to look at the car, this is all I can give you. Maybe a more experienced member could tell you your problem...

1971 Ford Torino GT

thanks for your help

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I would try changing plugs and wires first since it was fine for 1400 miles, if that doesnt work then re-tune or re-tune even if it does work.

black
    98 Camaro

try this. apply the foot and emergency brake and put the car in drive. then with both brakes applies rev the engine listening and feeling for any abnormalities. it should sound smooth. if it has a miss you may be able to feel a pulsing from the engine and you should be able to hear it also. if your check engine light is blinking, it is becasue the engine computer is detecting a missfire bad enough to damage the cats like someone said earlier. don't run it for long under this condition or you'll be buyin new cats on top of the misfire repair. one last note, if you said the computer is pulling fuel it is because the o2 sensor are detecting too much fuel, meaning that fuel may be being dumped out the exhaust which will also damage your cats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information