Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

lean

This is a discussion on lean within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; haha tried the seafoam but no luck still troubled with this idk i think imma get another motor my buddy ...

white
    1998 Z28

haha tried the seafoam but no luck still troubled with this idk i think imma get another motor my buddy made me a deal so i might take him up on it

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

How's that fuel pressure or aren't you gonna check it?

white
    1998 Z28

havent checked it yet i'll do that today since its my day off lol.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

Ive gone through TWO pressure testers and neithe4r has the correct threading to screw onto the schrader valve. The dealership wouldnt mess with it since it isnt stock.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

sic, here a nice fuel psi guage with long hose so you can read fuel pressure while you drive around. Actron CP7838

Google and find the cheapest place that sells it.

white
    1998 Z28

fuel pressure is good so im guessing its something electrical now thats the only other thing i can think of

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LS1MuNkY View Post
    haha tried the seafoam but no luck still troubled with this idk i think imma get another motor my buddy made me a deal so i might take him up on it
    I did a heads/ cam job and its still there

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just re-skimmed the thread so I'm not sure if I missed it but you're both running headers? I saw where one of you replaced the O2 extensions. Did you use premade extensions or make your own? Check for burnt wires around the headers...especially your extensions. If you made your own extensions throw them away and buy premade extensions.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Well I'm running out of ideas. I wish I was in California so I could help both you guys out.
    Maybe you have a warped intake manifold causing a vacuum leak? Or an exhaust leak before or near the O2 sensor that skewing its reading?
    Sounds to me that if the tuner can't add enough fuel, then there is a fuel delivery problem (i.e. fuel pressure or fuel volume). Thats assuming all the other sensor parameters are ok. Also an improper spark plug gap will cause a driveability problem.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

here's one i've seen happen a couple of times. when doing headers, i've seen two instances where the person that did the job, hooked the front o2s into the rear o2 connectors. so, the PCM wasn't getting any o2 readings. thus ran like crap. look to make sure the correct connectors were used.

one guy hooked the o2 simms to the front and had them tied off onto the rack and pinion. i kept wondering how he got the rear o2 connectors so far forward.

second one, i was using my hptuners and saw the short term fuel trims at 50% and the long terms at 25%. i added fuel and nothing happened. that's when i went to make sure the o2s were plugged in. saw they were plugged into the rear connectors.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

new plugs are going in today too, Denso iridiums are suppose to come pre-gapped but the fellas say to gap them to .55-.57. My gapper has inches on one side and MM on the other. Which side do I use, the inches to .055 seems awful big since the plugs arent even close, ILL be careful with that tiny tip.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

use the inches side.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Well the stock gap is .060" so I'd say your in the ballpark. Most gap related driveability problem happen when the gap is close to twice its intended size or its smashed shut or nearly shut from dropping it or something. Other than that I've seen nitrous and turbo cars that are really quite sensitive to gap. They like them a little tighter, like .030" to .035"

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I used the inches and gapped em to .57and skinned my arm up doin the plugs (45 min!) and still the same issue.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

yeah I wouldn't expect it to. You seem to have a fuel delivery problem! What exactly that problem is is a mystery to me.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I need a plain easy to read diagram of the vacuum system. Im sure theres a leak now too just need to understand the air/smog pump,pvc and the rest so I can narrow it down...i tink

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

new filter, pump, injector flush,pvc valve, cats,02...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

(1) To HVAC
    (2) To Power Brake Booster
    (3) EVAP System Test Port
    (4) To EVAP Canister
    (5) EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid
    (6) Throttle Body
    (7) Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Valve
    (8) Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve
    (9) Crankcase Ventilation Hose
    (10) Crankcase Ventilation Hose

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The secondary air injection (AIR) system helps reduce exhaust emissions. The system forces fresh filtered air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate the catalyst operation.

The system includes the following components:

• The AIR pump --The AIR pump supplies filtered air through the secondary air injection system into the exhaust stream. The control module provides ground for the pump relay, then the battery voltage is applied to the pump. The filter is the only serviceable part of the pump.

• The AIR vacuum control solenoid --The AIR vacuum control solenoid controls the AIR Shut OFF Valve. When the secondary air injection system is enabled, the control module provides a ground to the solenoid. Enabling the solenoid allows the engine vacuum to be applied to the AIR shut off valve.

• The AIR shut off valve--The AIR shut off valve is vacuum operated. When the secondary air injection system is enabled, vacuum is applied to the valve. The vacuum opens the valve, and allows air from the AIR Pump to flow to the check valves.

• The check valves--The check valves prevent back flow of the exhaust gases into the secondary air injection system. An inoperative AIR pump that had shown indications of exhaust gases in the outlet port would indicate a check valve failure.

• The plumbing --The plumbing carries the air from the pump to the exhaust stream. The plumbing includes the hoses, the pipes, and the clamps. You can test the plumbing for leaks using a soapy water solution. With the AIR pump running, the bubbles with form if a leak exists.

Results of Incorrect Operation
    If no air flow enters the exhaust stream, the start-up emission levels will rise. The control module can detect a system flow problem using the pre-catalyst HO2S and the short term fuel trim. If a system flow problem exists, the HO2S voltage will not indicate an expected lean condition. The short term fuel trim will not increase, and a DTC will set.

If incorrect voltage is present on the vacuum control solenoid or on the pump relay control circuits, the device will not operate. The control module will detect this condition, and a DTC will set.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wonder if that could be it? Check valve stuck open maybe or air pump running all the time??? Just ideas at this point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information