Keisler filed bankruptcy

Since I don't see a vendor section, mods feel free to move this anywhere you deem appropriate.

Just wanted to give a shout out that Keisler who has been in business for 22 years filed Chapter 7. I've dealt with them many times with excellent results as well as another local shop near me. That is until this latest retro TKO swap I'm doing for a customer in a 63 vette. Took me 5 months to get the transmission. Finally came in 2 weeks ago, which also came with the clutch, shifter, custom crossmember, and speedo cable.
    They backordered the driveshaft, yoke, speedo driven gear, and transmission tailshaft rubber mount. Then I received a letter in the mail last night telling me they filed chapter 7 and I won't be receiving the rest of the parts.
    However I feel lucky to have gotten the majority of the expense with the niche' parts to make the swap work. The pieces I didn't receive I can source locally. Other customers weren't so lucky from what I'm told.

So anyone looking for TKO swaps, Keisler is no longer. I'm now dealing with Hurst Drivelines as they will be my new "go to" for TKO retro swap conversions.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Trying to remember the company. Sounds familiar. Are they the company that created the clutchless manual transmission for SEMA?

Yes, not a new concept as Liberty and Lenco have been doing it for years. However the Keisler version was street friendly and could be dounshifted for street use. They called it a dog box, or basically dog rings modified (no sincro's) to allow clutchless shifting. Keisler contracted Liberty for the gears, that's where they came from, specially made with a certain pitch, thickness, and more strength for gear engagement, and then assembled your TKO box in house with Liberty parts.

It's the same stuff Nascar also uses.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Somebody like Edelbrock will pick up the tooling at the bankruptcy auction and start making these transmissions again. It was such a good design and so useful for older vehicles I just can't see the tooling being scraped. JMO

Thankfully Keisler wasn't the only supplier on the block, there are others out there offering the TKO retro swaps. Hurst Drivelines and American Powertrain to name a couple. American Powertrain also offers some slick shifting options where gears/syncro's are massaged and modified. I've had quotes from all 3 and they are all within a couple hundred dollars of each other so not much to be gained there. Quicktime also offers many conversion parts.

I'm switching over to Hurst Driveline mainly because they are close to me up in Sac, within driving distance if need be. American Powertrain is located in Tennessee, ironically where Keisler was located.

So Keisler was within driving distance of where I used to live in Ohio, but now being in Arizona that's out of the question. The letter I received in the mail told me they are having a bankruptcy meeting of the creditors (me) on Feb 18th so I can claim my missing parts. Yeah sure I'll jump in the car and be right over That's the problem when dealing with business that isn't within driving distance, when instances like this happen, your stuck.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 01-24-2014 at 06:37 AM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I hear ya, man. Always obstacles.

red black
    98Z28

Thread Information