Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Just a little ANOYING....

This is a discussion on Just a little ANOYING.... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. so I unplugged the cables ect. and started the car up... no gauge hopping!! and the voltage gauge up there pretty good.

    I drove the car around a bit and the voltage gauge seemed to drop a bit. so I parked the car and came back about an hour later and the guages hopped again!!

    so my best bet is that the battery is no good. right?
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

    12.6 at 112

    http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

  2. #22
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    maybe its a bunny?

  3. #23
    Never Drink and Derive Tonik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,019

    Black
    '99 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. so I unplugged the cables ect. and started the car up... no gauge hopping!! and the voltage gauge up there pretty good.

    I drove the car around a bit and the voltage gauge seemed to drop a bit. so I parked the car and came back about an hour later and the guages hopped again!!

    so my best bet is that the battery is no good. right?

    I'm not quite sure there is anything wrong with the volt guage jumping but if you want to you can head over to Autozone and they will test your battery for free.

  4. #24
    Senior Member SteveCZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Greene, Iowa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,707

    Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

    same thing with mine. i charged the battery overnight on a trickle. went out. drove it around went out sometime later and it was resetting again too. although mine minly did it on first starts for the day. cuz it would sit longest off and then go low enough to reset stuff. but would crank fine. till the battery just completly concked out on me. everything was normal when i was driving it. volt gauge was normal. shut the car off at a friends house. wen tout later and cranked and all it did was click. tried jumping it, but the battery was tooo dead to even take a jump(off a bravada) got my pickup (2005 f150) and hooked it up, and it fired immedialty. put a new battery in. and never had problems with the gauges since. its nice to have my oil life meter back. so i know when the motor wants the oil changed versus the good ole 3k mile change.

  5. #25
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99BoneMaro View Post
    I had the exact same problem with my 99 maro. only mine went as far as resetting everything, including the oil management. i took it to a chevy dealer. they ran some tests and told me the whole instrument cluster was shot. and would cost over $355 for a new one. so i decided to leave it as is. ran it for a while, and the factory battery finally took a crap on me. put a new battery in it. and ever since. i havent had a problem with anything. the gauge sweeps quit,and the trip quit resetting. so, its not always the gauge cluster itself. a hell of a lot cheaper to try a battery than put a $350 dollar part in that you really could have avoided
    If your running any audio equipment at all would recommend optmia redtop battery

  6. #26
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    If your running any audio equipment at all would recommend optmia redtop battery

    how much would one of those run me?

  7. #27
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    how much would one of those run me?
    red top battery is around $139.99-169.99 all depends where u buy but will help out dramaticly trust me on this one i have one running 3000 watts contintuous power amps and never even had voltage drop from 14 volts-maybe when running air it drops to 13.5 but thats it........Also buy top mount post for postive and negative terminals hook up postive amp wire and add extra ground to main bolt in car i have mine hooked up to a engine bolt considering it got great ground will help battery as well

    if want pic on amps and battery will post on request!
    Last edited by Jetblak; 10-25-2006 at 10:19 PM.

  8. #28
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99BoneMaro View Post
    same thing with mine. i charged the battery overnight on a trickle. went out. drove it around went out sometime later and it was resetting again too. although mine minly did it on first starts for the day. cuz it would sit longest off and then go low enough to reset stuff. but would crank fine. till the battery just completly concked out on me. everything was normal when i was driving it. volt gauge was normal. shut the car off at a friends house. wen tout later and cranked and all it did was click. tried jumping it, but the battery was tooo dead to even take a jump(off a bravada) got my pickup (2005 f150) and hooked it up, and it fired immedialty. put a new battery in. and never had problems with the gauges since. its nice to have my oil life meter back. so i know when the motor wants the oil changed versus the good ole 3k mile change.
    Cells in battery burnt out!! Should replace asap

  9. #29
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    red top battery is around $139.99-169.99 all depends where u buy but will help out dramaticly trust me on this one i have one running 3000 watts contintuous power amps and never even had voltage drop from 14 volts-maybe when running air it drops to 13.5 but thats it........Also buy top mount post for postive and negative terminals hook up postive amp wire and add extra ground to main bolt in car i have mine hooked up to a engine bolt considering it got great ground will help battery as well

    if want pic on amps and battery will post on request!
    thanks for the help! pics would be great!

  10. #30
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    thanks for the help! pics would be great!
    will get some today and post tonight

  11. #31
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    thanks for the help! pics would be great!
    Here u go..... pics not bad for a cell phone alpine mrv-1507-1500watts rms, mrdf752-5channel amp 1250 watts rms, kicker zero gauge wiring, optmia red top battery, alpine type R sub, polk db. 6 1/2 components all the way around, Pioneer Indash Navigation Screen Avicn2, dvd changer, ipod adaptor and sirius satellite radio.... all that and voltage doesnt drop below 14 volts, it drops to 13.5 volts when air/heat is on.... Navigation screen tells me exact volts on car.... Oh yeah t-tops still slide in too
    Last edited by Jetblak; 10-26-2006 at 02:55 PM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Thanks VERY much for taking the time to get pics! when i went to the autoparts store to look at the optima i accidentaly ask for the price of the yellow top which was $189.

    I may be upgrading my entire stereo setup and it looks like you know what your doing. if ever come across anymore ?'s il ask

    Thanks again

  13. #33
    Member Jetblak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Willoughby,Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    117

    Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Thanks VERY much for taking the time to get pics! when i went to the autoparts store to look at the optima i accidentaly ask for the price of the yellow top which was $189.

    I may be upgrading my entire stereo setup and it looks like you know what your doing. if ever come across anymore ?'s il ask

    Thanks again
    Good to here that and it wasnt a problem at all had to take the pics for insurance purposes anyways..... If you have any questions about audio equipment feel free to ask ill help anytime.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Dieg-izzle
    Posts
    176

    black/red
    2003 SVT Cobra/1999 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Ok its not a big problem but it gets pretty annoying! on my Camaro the TRIP odometer resets is self automaticly. as long as the car is on it will keep accurate numbers and work just fine but if i turn the car off after driving and come back a few hours later and fire it up it will start over at 0.0

    i dont know what to do about this!
    mine does this too. It pisses me off, because I can never find out my total trip mileage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •