Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just a little ANOYING....

This is a discussion on Just a little ANOYING.... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. ...

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. so I unplugged the cables ect. and started the car up... no gauge hopping!! and the voltage gauge up there pretty good.

I drove the car around a bit and the voltage gauge seemed to drop a bit. so I parked the car and came back about an hour later and the guages hopped again!!

so my best bet is that the battery is no good. right?
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

maybe its a bunny?

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Well..... I charged the battery all last night and the indicator light on the charger said it was done charging. so I unplugged the cables ect. and started the car up... no gauge hopping!! and the voltage gauge up there pretty good.

I drove the car around a bit and the voltage gauge seemed to drop a bit. so I parked the car and came back about an hour later and the guages hopped again!!

so my best bet is that the battery is no good. right?

I'm not quite sure there is anything wrong with the volt guage jumping but if you want to you can head over to Autozone and they will test your battery for free.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

same thing with mine. i charged the battery overnight on a trickle. went out. drove it around went out sometime later and it was resetting again too. although mine minly did it on first starts for the day. cuz it would sit longest off and then go low enough to reset stuff. but would crank fine. till the battery just completly concked out on me. everything was normal when i was driving it. volt gauge was normal. shut the car off at a friends house. wen tout later and cranked and all it did was click. tried jumping it, but the battery was tooo dead to even take a jump(off a bravada) got my pickup (2005 f150) and hooked it up, and it fired immedialty. put a new battery in. and never had problems with the gauges since. its nice to have my oil life meter back. so i know when the motor wants the oil changed versus the good ole 3k mile change.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 99BoneMaro View Post
    I had the exact same problem with my 99 maro. only mine went as far as resetting everything, including the oil management. i took it to a chevy dealer. they ran some tests and told me the whole instrument cluster was shot. and would cost over $355 for a new one. so i decided to leave it as is. ran it for a while, and the factory battery finally took a crap on me. put a new battery in it. and ever since. i havent had a problem with anything. the gauge sweeps quit,and the trip quit resetting. so, its not always the gauge cluster itself. a hell of a lot cheaper to try a battery than put a $350 dollar part in that you really could have avoided
    If your running any audio equipment at all would recommend optmia redtop battery

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    If your running any audio equipment at all would recommend optmia redtop battery

how much would one of those run me?

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

how much would one of those run me?
    red top battery is around $139.99-169.99 all depends where u buy but will help out dramaticly trust me on this one i have one running 3000 watts contintuous power amps and never even had voltage drop from 14 volts-maybe when running air it drops to 13.5 but thats it........Also buy top mount post for postive and negative terminals hook up postive amp wire and add extra ground to main bolt in car i have mine hooked up to a engine bolt considering it got great ground will help battery as well

if want pic on amps and battery will post on request!
    Last edited by Jetblak; 10-25-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 99BoneMaro View Post
    same thing with mine. i charged the battery overnight on a trickle. went out. drove it around went out sometime later and it was resetting again too. although mine minly did it on first starts for the day. cuz it would sit longest off and then go low enough to reset stuff. but would crank fine. till the battery just completly concked out on me. everything was normal when i was driving it. volt gauge was normal. shut the car off at a friends house. wen tout later and cranked and all it did was click. tried jumping it, but the battery was tooo dead to even take a jump(off a bravada) got my pickup (2005 f150) and hooked it up, and it fired immedialty. put a new battery in. and never had problems with the gauges since. its nice to have my oil life meter back. so i know when the motor wants the oil changed versus the good ole 3k mile change.
    Cells in battery burnt out!! Should replace asap

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    red top battery is around $139.99-169.99 all depends where u buy but will help out dramaticly trust me on this one i have one running 3000 watts contintuous power amps and never even had voltage drop from 14 volts-maybe when running air it drops to 13.5 but thats it........Also buy top mount post for postive and negative terminals hook up postive amp wire and add extra ground to main bolt in car i have mine hooked up to a engine bolt considering it got great ground will help battery as well

if want pic on amps and battery will post on request!
    thanks for the help! pics would be great!

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Thumbs up

will get some today and post tonight

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Talking

Here u go..... pics not bad for a cell phone alpine mrv-1507-1500watts rms, mrdf752-5channel amp 1250 watts rms, kicker zero gauge wiring, optmia red top battery, alpine type R sub, polk db. 6 1/2 components all the way around, Pioneer Indash Navigation Screen Avicn2, dvd changer, ipod adaptor and sirius satellite radio.... all that and voltage doesnt drop below 14 volts, it drops to 13.5 volts when air/heat is on.... Navigation screen tells me exact volts on car.... Oh yeah t-tops still slide in too
    Last edited by Jetblak; 10-26-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Thanks VERY much for taking the time to get pics! when i went to the autoparts store to look at the optima i accidentaly ask for the price of the yellow top which was $189.

I may be upgrading my entire stereo setup and it looks like you know what your doing. if ever come across anymore ?'s il ask

Thanks again

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Thanks VERY much for taking the time to get pics! when i went to the autoparts store to look at the optima i accidentaly ask for the price of the yellow top which was $189.

I may be upgrading my entire stereo setup and it looks like you know what your doing. if ever come across anymore ?'s il ask

Thanks again
    Good to here that and it wasnt a problem at all had to take the pics for insurance purposes anyways..... If you have any questions about audio equipment feel free to ask ill help anytime.

black/red
    2003 SVT Cobra/1999 T/A

Ok its not a big problem but it gets pretty annoying! on my Camaro the TRIP odometer resets is self automaticly. as long as the car is on it will keep accurate numbers and work just fine but if i turn the car off after driving and come back a few hours later and fire it up it will start over at 0.0

i dont know what to do about this!
    mine does this too. It pisses me off, because I can never find out my total trip mileage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information