Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Just got new brakes...a few questions

First off, I put this in General Help because it falls somewhere between braking and appearance. My car is a 2001 Black WS6 by the way.

I recently purchased Hawk HPS pads, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, and stainless steel brake lines. My first question is whether or not this is a good setup for what I paid, since I still havent installed any of it. I got everything for $640. My second question is in terms of paint. I currently have my calipers and bracket painted red, as well as the backs of the current brake pads I have in. When I put the hawk pads in, if I dont paint them there will be a contrast of red calipers and black pad backing. Im not sure if I should leave them for the look of contrast or paint them red. Also, I have seen people paint the center of their rotors red, silver, or black. Once again, which would look best in your opinion, and also does one clearcoat over the rotors after spraying them with the colored paint? Any pics of examples of my possibilities or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Not sure on the pricing part of the question and the rest is a personal preference deal. I prefer to have the pad backs black and the caliper red. The same goes for the center of the rotor. I'd paint it black. I've just always thought it to be borderline tacky if you just start throwing red paint everywhere but like I said, that's just personal preference.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cascade View Post
    First off, I put this in General Help because it falls somewhere between braking and appearance. My car is a 2001 Black WS6 by the way.

I recently purchased Hawk HPS pads, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, and stainless steel brake lines. My first question is whether or not this is a good setup for what I paid, since I still havent installed any of it. I got everything for $640. .
    I have the same setup on my 2001 Z28 now for over 2 years, I paid $738 for the Eradaspeed 2 rotors and HPS pads, and $109 for the Russell SS brake hose (5 line kit), so you got a wonderful deal for the price if these items are new.

I was suffering from "brake fade" on my front brakes, until I changed to the above system. You will love the new setup, especially the firm brake peddle you will now have with the SS hose. I can bring the vehicle to a stop quicker, at least 60ft shorter from 70MPH.

The color is your preference, I would purchase a can of "Anti-Squeal", it is a goupey compound you spray on the backside of the brake pads, it will keep them nice and quiet.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cascade View Post
    Once again, which would look best in your opinion, and also does one clearcoat over the rotors after spraying them with the colored paint?
    Yes, Clearcoating over the red/black highly recommended

white
    2002 z28

make sure you get some decals for it right after its been painted. really cheap and gives a great look.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/DSCN0274.jpg

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm tell breant that NICK sent you from detroit

Thread Information