Results 1 to 6 of 6

Intake Question

This is a discussion on Intake Question within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Is the BBK/SSI Intake for the LS1 really good - I test drove a 99 with the intake and mananaflow ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    10

    Polo Green
    1990 Corvette

    Intake Question

    Is the BBK/SSI Intake for the LS1 really good - I test drove a 99 with the intake and mananaflow muffler with auto & 3.23 and it felt sluggish compared to a 98 Trans Am I had with a 2.73.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    I wouldnt waste the extra cash because its shinny, i would just go with a ls6 manifold. As far as the car feeling sluggish there are a million reasons why it may have felt that way..
    Crappy tune, poor Maintence, and the list goes on and on...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  3. #3
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    I wouldnt waste the extra cash because its shinny, i would just go with a ls6 manifold. As far as the car feeling sluggish there are a million reasons why it may have felt that way..
    Crappy tune, poor Maintence, and the list goes on and on...
    J
    Agreed. If I had the LS1 intake I wouyld buy the LS6 over the bbk. Lie said, there are many reasons why it might have 'felt' sluggish. First thing that comes to mind, you drove an automatic.

    Was your old/other fbody a manual? Sometimes they tend to 'feel' faster/quicker.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Fox Body's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    1st place
    Age
    30
    Posts
    64

    primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

    so how much does this ls6 intake help you guys....i have been seeing a lot about it since i been on this forum....y not just go aftermarket like the FAST intake that i have heard is pretty good....i also heard you cant go with a bigger throttle body on the ls6....

  5. #5
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Body View Post
    so how much does this ls6 intake help you guys....i have been seeing a lot about it since i been on this forum....y not just go aftermarket like the FAST intake that i have heard is pretty good....i also heard you cant go with a bigger throttle body on the ls6....
    you can go with a biggerTB on the LS6 if you want (BBK 80MM). The LS6 intake does great for a bolt on car, FAST isnt really worth the price tag unless you Got a decent H/C package. Dont get me wrong, its a great intake (i have one) but the money would be well spent someplace else. Over an LS1 intake, for around $325 the LS6 is worth it.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Fox Body's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    1st place
    Age
    30
    Posts
    64

    primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    you can go with a biggerTB on the LS6 if you want (BBK 80MM). The LS6 intake does great for a bolt on car, FAST isnt really worth the price tag unless you Got a decent H/C package. Dont get me wrong, its a great intake (i have one) but the money would be well spent someplace else. Over an LS1 intake, for around $325 the LS6 is worth it.
    o wow....just looked just that fast intake....that sucker is a pretty penny....i see y its good to go with the ls6 intake for the average ls1 now

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS6 intake question
    By JayTA98 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. Question on intake.
    By Black95Z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
  3. ram air intake question
    By bmwmteam in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM
  4. Intake Question
    By bwinch in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
  5. LSX Intake Question
    By XtinKt in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 01:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •