black
    firebird formula 99

Insulating A/C dryer can

So stupid question but i insulated my cars ac dryer can my buddy told me that it would make the ac work better i was wondering if it would hurt my ac system by maybe somehow throwing off the pressure i dont know much about that stuff

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdformula99 View Post
    So stupid question but i insulated my cars ac dryer can my buddy told me that it would make the ac work better i was wondering if it would hurt my ac system by maybe somehow throwing off the pressure i dont know much about that stuff
    I don't think it will hurt it but i don't see what will be the benefit of it either. The reason I say that is because the rest of the other components are not insulated(lines, etc) and these engine bays get really hot.

I'm not saying there is a benefit I just never heard of it without insulating the whole system.

and NO QUESTION is stupid on this site.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

doesn't really matter either way . suction lines and dryer / receivers are insulated to prevent condensation where its not wanted like inside the wall of your house . the freon has already passed through your evaporator and is on its way back to the compressor to be compresses into a high temp , high pressure gas . the receiver / dryer is more of a receiver than a dryer. the desiccant inside is really a one shot deal and if the system is left open it should be replaced . the receiver part of it is to insure that the compressor gets a steady stream of gas and not liquid , as we all know you cant compress a liquid ! so i would just let it be as if it starts slugging liquid back to the compressor you might ruin it

Thread Information