Thread: Injectors??

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Injectors??

My LT1 has a fuel pressure problem after the fuel pressure goes up it dies off to 0 in about 10 minutes which causes it to turn over quite a few times before it fires.
    So at first I figured a bad fuel pump but they are pretty expensive and a friend of mine pointed out that a few of my injectors are leaking which obviously isn't right.
    So two part question do you guys think that would be enough to fuck up my fuel pressure. Secondly I want to change them out anyone know if LS1 injectors will work on an LT1 I have a friend that might have some injectors laying around.
    (anyone thats changed them I would appreciate some tips on changing them out.)
    thanks.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

That does sound like one or more leaking injectors. This can be caused by rust or other foreign matter getting stuck in the injector seat however in many cases it's just a large buildup of varnish from the fuel.

Due to the cost difference it would really be worth doing a professional injector cleaning to see if that corrects things before you go buying new injectors.

We manufacture an injector cleaning kit we've sold for years, it's sold on our website: http://www.iecoklahoma.com as well as on eBay Motors.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yes, leaking injectors can cause a loss in fuel pressure. Because some of the pressure in the rails can leak out of the in jector site, hence, not providing enough to the rest of the injectors.

As far as replacing them with LS1 injectors, I don't think that will work because of different flow rates (which would mean you would need a new tune) and I don't think the LS1 injectors will hook up to the LT1 wiring harness. They probably don't even fit...

Thread Information