Black
    1996 Trans am

Question Injector Cleaner ???

I Have a 96 Trans am LT1 and i was just needing to know what brand is best for injector cleaner and fuel system cleaner for my car? There is so many out there but i dont know whats best. I used some gumout brand fuel system cleaner today so i was just needing to know different opinions about the good brands and what preferred to use?

Black
    2005 GTO

I just started using lucas brand there 2 size like a 6 or 8oz and then some hugh bottle I just used the smaller bottle. You can find it at most local parts stores. Alot of people seemed to like it so I gave it a shot. You don't want to use the whole bottle at once though. Start off small like maybe a 1/4 of the bottle then another 1/4 then use the other 1/2 and so on untill you work up to a whole bottle. I had my ses light come on right after the first time it used it and got a 0420 code then the next time I got 2 codes 0430 and 0420 which are both for the cats. These codes eventually stopped after a couple days but I guess this shit actually works and was getting alot of gunk out of the system.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

The small bottle is 5.25 ounces.

Black
    1996 Trans am

anyone have a pic of the bottle or whats the namea? Like injector cleaner? Fuel system cleaner? Carbuerator cleaner?

weberje
    I just had a talk to my mechanic the other day, as he recommended the Lucas fuel treatment as well. I am planning a tune up, so he told me to put in the Lucas, drive it for about 100 miles, then change the spark plugs, etc, so the old ones can get the gunk and crap the from the treatment.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Shameless plug, but I'd appreciate it if you read through our website and gave some thought to it. The stuff you pour into the tank can help keep injector spray patterns in good order for a longer period of time than not adding any at all but there comes a time (usually every 10K miles or a year) that a professional cleaning is in order.

You might be amazed at how much difference it can make in mpg, power and engine smoothness:

http://www.iecoklahoma.com

Yes, we're one of the sponsors and have permission to mention the product from time to time.

Oh, and for those of you waiting for the TRUE O2 sims the extensive testing with different vehicles and driving styles has been going well for almost a month now, chances are we'll have proven everything bulletproof and be geared up for production by early February.

Also new soon will be a selection of miscellaneous electrical parts many will find quite useful - especially at prices far below you could find them for locally or on the 'net. (even if you could find them)

Powerful solenoids with multiple uses
    Locking keyswitches so you can disable your Nitrous &/or high-power amps &/or ??? when deemed necessary, such as when letting a valet park your car or your daughter take it to the store.
    Wonderful alternator whine eliminators that don't sap a bit of current from your amp supplies.
    EL (Electroluminescent) flexible cable in several sizes and colors that you can bend and use to outline about anything you'd like on your car, variable brightness too. The cable will be sold by the foot, the power supply individually or we'll include plans on how to make your own should you like.

Let's see, what else? Oh, yea, also slated for February is what we haven't named yet but it's kind of a PANIC STOP addition to your third brake light. If you hate tailgaters like I do you worry they may not notice quickly enough when you hit your racing brakes to avoid the pileup forming in front of you. TOtally self-contained and adjustable as to the triggerring G-force, any braking you do that's harder than the level you've got the unit set for instantly sets off a rather intense beam towards the car(s) behind you that's modulated at two separate frequeancies and can't be ignored. Due to new LED technology you can all be driving directly into the sun and the driver behind still can't miss this.

More later, we've got quite a year of projects planned.
    Last edited by Steve Crowe; 12-30-2006 at 01:05 PM. Reason: [SP?]

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Hey weberje,

Is that you and some buddies standing on Pensacola Beach in your avatar? It sure looks like the white sand of P'cola Beach. I grew up in Gulf Breeze and am in the process of moving back once my retirement from UF is complete after next semester.

weberje
    GatorSS,
    You guessed it... I'm third from the left. That was my friend's wedding there on the beach. Beautiful out there. I'm stationed at NAS Pensacola as an instructor.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If you want just a cleaner I would recommend B12 Chemtool, cheap and just as effective as any high dollar brand name.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

if your gunna do the cleaners then change yoru filter as well so that you dont just flush all that shit through your system, its cheap easy and worth it..

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I'd use some Lucas or FP60 with every tank for preventative maintenance, and use a rail-connecting cleaning kit once a year or every 15-20k miles. I waited too long before using the rail-connected cleaning and now I'm having to send my injectors off for full servicing.

Also, IMHO be picky when it comes to choosing where to get fuel. Don't just look for the cheapest fuel around, and don't buy fuel within 12 hours after a station's tanks are filled by the tanker truck.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

My $.02, I've used Berryman's B-12 Chemtool (DON'T DRIP ANY ON YOUR PAINT, IT'S A GOOD PAINT STRIPPER!) or Chevron's Techron Fuel System Cleaner, 20 oz. bottle. Techron is recommended by every major auto manufacturer.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Lubecontrol./
    www.lubecontrol.com
    The real deal.

Black
    Dragster

I use seafoam, in the tank and mixed 50/50 with gas in a pressure cleaner.

Thread Information