Results 1 to 13 of 13

Injector Balance simplified

This is a discussion on Injector Balance simplified within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Still waiting on some parts suppliers to get the O2 Sims and PanicStop 4th Brake Light to the market but ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Injector Balance simplified

    Still waiting on some parts suppliers to get the O2 Sims and PanicStop 4th Brake Light to the market but this one will roll out around the same time too, hope some of you can find it a useful tool for your bag of tricks:

    http://iecoklahoma.com/injtester.aspx

    (Yes, we're a sponsor)

  2. #2
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,123
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Sign me up Steve. I want one. That's definetly cool. Where do I go to pay?

  3. #3
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,468

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    yep, pretty cool. I may have to pick one of those up myself.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    We'll announce availability once we've got a few ready to ship. While the circuitry is rather straightforward we've got to get the faceplates engraved with the numbers and such. Our original still has Dymo label tape to indicate the switch positions, don't think that would be the best if you're selling them. :-)

    Selectable pulse width times (duration of injector actuation) are as follows, plenty of range to allow for different fuel rail setups & injector types.

    Times, milliseconds: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Glendale az
    Age
    30
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crowe View Post
    We'll announce availability once we've got a few ready to ship. While the circuitry is rather straightforward we've got to get the faceplates engraved with the numbers and such. Our original still has Dymo label tape to indicate the switch positions, don't think that would be the best if you're selling them. :-)

    Selectable pulse width times (duration of injector actuation) are as follows, plenty of range to allow for different fuel rail setups & injector types.

    Times, milliseconds: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25
    so by different fuel setups and injector types you mean other manufacturers or gm aftermarket.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Some fuel systems will hold more volume under pressure than others, everything between the fuel pump outlet and the return line outlet of the fuel pressure regulator will remain under pressure after a key on/key off sequence.

    And yes, some run different injectors but this will also work on most any fuel injected car provided the connector on the injector is the same or can be adapted to.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Just an update - -

    Now satisified with everything, ordered 100 PC Boards today which should be here late next week. Sure going to be easier to build with real custom PC bds, the one we've had in the shop all these years was built on junk Radio Shack perfboard.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Glendale az
    Age
    30
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crowe View Post
    Some fuel systems will hold more volume under pressure than others, everything between the fuel pump outlet and the return line outlet of the fuel pressure regulator will remain under pressure after a key on/key off sequence.

    And yes, some run different injectors but this will also work on most any fuel injected car provided the connector on the injector is the same or can be adapted to.
    so basically it's made to only work on one style of injector. Is there any possibility of an adapter kit of some kind to use the tool on injectors made to fit different clips?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Shouldn't be a problem. As it stands we're going to include the standard Bosch injector plug since that covers quite a few scenarios but adapters can be made to fit others. The design now has a plug to accomodate future adapters, problem is finding the odd ones. If I recall we found the standard Ford fitting but others may be more difficult.

    Sorry I haven't updated the website to reflect that, we'll have pictures soon.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Glendale az
    Age
    30
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crowe View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem. As it stands we're going to include the standard Bosch injector plug since that covers quite a few scenarios but adapters can be made to fit others. The design now has a plug to accomodate future adapters, problem is finding the odd ones. If I recall we found the standard Ford fitting but others may be more difficult.

    Sorry I haven't updated the website to reflect that, we'll have pictures soon.
    That's good. The particular shop I work at deals with a lot of engine performance problems on a wide variety of cars. So I would really need this tool to work on just about any injector style.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    One thing I do know, the connector on the adapter we're supplying as default fits most Bosch injectors despite at least three different Bosch injector types we've seen so far. In the absolute worst case we'll have an adapter with two of those EZ-Hook micro clips that some electronic test equipment comes with, they can grab onto virtualy any size connector pin.

    GM made something similar to this for the dealers but it only had one pulse width, it mainly concentrated on testing the injector coils for abnormal resistance (occasionaly one wil get a shorted turn) but our product will pick up on that just by the different amount of fuel the injector allows through during a set pulse width.

    Incidentally we changed the timing selections from our original, some of you are running pretty high flow rate injectors and there are quite a few vehicles with much smaller flow rates so we chose to use 1, 2, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 75 & 100 to provide a broader range.

    Still looking at a firm release date of 02/21. We won't get the PC Bds from manufacture until later this week but as much as we paid to have them professionally made they better be right. :-)

    Ended up being right at 50 individual parts involved and we're probably going to include a small case of some sort.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Say people, do these instructions make sense?

    http://iecoklahoma.com/Documents/IEC...r%20Tester.doc

    We'll be starting shipment on Wednesday 02/21 with the price set at $148.50 + shipping. We haven't fully boxed one up and weighed it yet but it's going to fall in the 2 or 3 lb shipping area for Priority Mail so let's just call it $6 regardless of location.

    These are quite labor intensive to assemble so we're going to limit initial sales to all of you on LS1.com through our website http://www.iecoklahoma.com then later we'll probably put them on eBay.

    Orders will be accepted starting tonight - first come first served as the initial run will only be 6 and probably continue at 6 per week for a while. Shipments will begin Wednesday, first in, first out.

    Some options - if you're extremely confident about your soldering abilities (all thru-hole) we'll sell you a complete kit of bare parts for $100 or just the etched PC Board + instructions and a bill of materials (so you can scrounge your own parts) for $20. Figure on about a full day to assemble one provided you've got a drill press, soldering iron etc and have good eyes to read color codes on 1% resistors. :-)

    Another month or so and we'll have that Scopeless Ignition Analyzer ready as well.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    282

    00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

    Well, I hoped to release these on my birthday but sometimes things don't work out, the panel labeling was not anywhere near what you or I would settle for so I got a local drafting firm to do it right, I'll have results Friday.

    Just a reminder - first come first served before I put them on eBay. We have to hand solder and baby every one of these before we lovingly put them into their kit boxes then package them with some bubble wrap into USPS Priority Mail to get them safely to your doorstep.

    I am very proud of what we came up with for the commercial market and I'm sure you will be too.

    {[aside] can I sleep now?}

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •